Single mum with 2 kids

Hi everyone. New here!

I'm a single mum with 2 kids (4 and 1 years old)... I'm looking at moving to seychelles.

I've secured a job... just doing salary negotiations. Just want to find out if $1500- $2000 as a spa therapist would be enough to survive on... taking into account that I need to pay for rent, groceries,  transport, internet,  school fees etc...

What are some good schools for foreigners and what else should I be taking into account cost wise? We don't live lavishly... we are very much capable of living on the basics.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

Whilst waiting for others to answer, try www.numbeo.com for costs.

First and foremost, I want to emphasize that Seychelles is known for its high cost of living. Accommodation, in particular, can be quite pricey. For a basic level of accommodation outside of the town area, you can expect to pay between 7,000 to 8,000 SCR. Within the town, the cost rises to over 10,000 SCR, and this is for very basic living conditions.

When it comes to food, even for a modest family with two kids, you should budget at least 5,000 SCR. Transportation costs can be manageable if you opt for public buses. However, it's worth noting that the internet is relatively expensive, typically around 1,000 SCR per month.

So, to maintain a reasonable standard of living at a basic level, you would need approximately 1,500 to 2,000 USD, which translates to 21,000 to 28,000 SCR. I assume your mention of 2,000 USD is referring to a net salary. If it's a gross salary, please keep in mind that another 20% (approximately) may be deducted.

Lastly, international school fees here are also on the higher side, with a minimum of 15,000 SCR per term.

I hope this information helps you in your decision-making process.

@Shanthosh thank you very much. I appreciate it. The hotel has said they will provide me with accommodation and I heard I can put my kids in government schools which is free... salary offered is $800 with medical and 5%commissions