Pool construction

Looking at buying some land in belize, about an acre... how much would it cost to build a house and add a pool?  Looking at possibly a 3/2 or 4/2 home.  Could be a menonite home.

@belizeboundgirl

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to contact Housing & building contractors in Belize to enquire about prices.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thank you very much!

@belizeboundgirl

Hello. The price of land can depend on several factors with the location being at the top. Are you wanting to be on the mainland or on one of the Cayes?

Michael

@mhuyett  thanks for responding.  Haven't decided yet... had been leaning towards San Ignacio

@mhuyett  thanks for responding.  Haven't decided yet... had been leaning towards San Ignacio

-@belizeboundgirl

Where have you spent the most time?

@belizeboundgirl Hi, we just bought a 2b 2 bath from Pletts for about 76,000 US (we did some finishings ourselves- toilet, vanity, island, closets, back splash, counters), but it came with a loft in one bedroom, primed paint, finished floors, bath shower set up, all electrical wiring;  including ceiling fan and air conditioning wires. It also came with a deck 8x20 and stairs. We opted for custom black big windows. We added bubble insulation but it can still get hot. Our house is the blue metal shed roof house on their Facebook page. It has windows above the windows in the living room and that makes the room feel much bigger. We bought a huge  above ground pool and plan to set that up. Our half acre land was 17,000 before things went up again- they are at least 25,000 now in this area. We are in Camalote. I recommend Pletts, you can tell them Ana T with the blue house sent you. They were on time and very helpful- all the other places really pressured us or acted like they didn't need out business. One thing I would be careful about is location; we built a very large beach house but ended up moving because of school for our daughter. If I could do it all over again, I would have made a small cabana (spent way less) and tried living there (we vacationed many times there but it was different once we moved) about a year. We rented in Belmopan a year before committing to this area. We like it here so we are adding a studio made of cement in case of hurricanes and we can use it for guests. Let me know about your area and I will add my two cents if I know something.

@raquelana

I have been on the emailing list for Camalote for several years, just to follow how they are doing. I already have a Old school mennonite house in Placencia and love the beach/water. I liked the look and sound of Camalote and did not see the normal (for Belize) Red flags of a scam or over-promising that goes on. I had not seen any first hand comments so it is great to see your report.

I am the 2nd owner of my place. I was told it was built by

Pletts back in 2000. It survived the big 2001 hurricane that leveled most of the area from the storm surge. 

I bought it in 2016. All native hardwoods for the main support beams and all framing (that I can see) is Mahogany. Kitchen counter and bar extension is from 2inch thick Mahogany planks. Windows are still old school Mahogany louvers. When I first bought it, I was going to replace them with glass sliding windows, but glad I did not, as i found a source of new galvanized frames. So now that is my winter project to refinish the louvers and replace the frames supporting the louvers. 😁

House is 2bd 1 bath with a large laundry room and a storage room at ground level. Large wrap around covered deck at house level. House is 20x24 feet + deck and ground level rooms. How many sq feet is your new place?   

@Aerodex We bought two buildings and put them together. One is 20x 18 and the other is 20x30, I think. We made a large master suite (laundry, closet, bathroom ) with the 20x18 and used the other building for the rest- 980 square feet. I put a table and chairs to eat on the porch and plan to screen it.

@belizeboundgirl Have you considered Burrell Boom