Second hand pickup/4x4s

Does anybody know websites or used car dealers for possibility of buying above mentioned cars my budget around £3000 Sao Paulo area I'm in UK now but researching for early next year??????

@Scott Lawrence I will get you the site where we bought ours later today. Fair warning, buy simple and reliable. It WILL get damaged.

@Scott Lawrence  stiloveiculos.com.br/revenda-veiculo-01/

Pickups run 120-200k rs for something remotely new. Could find something very old for 80k ish. An old beat up jeep type thing could go as low as maybe 50k. For 18k I'm not sure you'll find anything.

@rnbtg

As an example, I just sold a 2013 VW Saveiro pickup for over R$50.000

@Scott Lawrence

The app OLX or Mercado Livre. The best deal will be to buy from an individual. It is way to spend a few dollars on a mechanic with knowledge to ensure the truck is not needing many things to fix. I live in Sergipe near Aracaju and there is tons of them since it's on or near the beach. You will need a little more money unless you are financing.

Does anybody know websites or used car dealers for possibility of buying above mentioned cars my budget around £3000 Sao Paulo area I'm in UK now but researching for early next year??????

-@Scott Lawrence

Old pick up trucks are worth their weight in gold around these stops, as collectors seek them out in Barn Sales.  AT that rate, you won't get anything worth looking into.

At best, a beat up Ford Corcel II Pampa with high mileage, and  you will need a beck in call mechanic.

You are shit out of luck lad.

Scott,

I like to wander around the site Webmotors to get ideas on values and availability. It is important to find a used vehicle with high availability of parts (used and new). More popular vehicles will be easier to fix and more affordable  overall. Over the last 20 years Brazilians have become avid collectors. Finding old stuff could be expensive. Finding junk and fixing it a great possibility but that takes time. Restoration is an interesting possibility but even then there are "I's" to dot and "T's" to cross to get a restored vehicle legal according to the Dep't of Transportation.

The Webmotors site let's you hunt using a number of variables (price, kilometers, age). After you find the vehicle that you think you want then you broaden your search across the Web.

MattB

Son.....

At your budget, none that rolls out of the garage or lot will be available, even if you plan to push or tow  out of the garage doors.. 

Then...

Forget about 4x4's. They command premium pricing.  These things only started to come out of the assembly lines by around the 1980's.  In case you haven't factor that yet, we are a subtropical to tropical country, and out here, there is no such a thing as snow covered roads, hence , no use for 4x4s.

The only exception to the rule, were Toyota Bandeirantes, aka Toyota Land Cruisers, and we stopped making those by the 1990's.  While the defy wear and tear, and the elements, you can't find any decent one for any less than R$ 100,000, or about 20,,000 Euros.

In reality.,.....

No one in right mind will sell anyone, least of all a foreigner ( = loaded chump ), a functioning pickup truck worth EU $ 3,000 or for that matter, BRT $ 16,000.

Son, you better budget for bus fare,  and lots of hostel sleeping, and today's special on the platter at the local grub / lunch counter , because that is what you will get at that spending bracket.

Or get yourself a motorcycle.

Or , switch to Argentina, and Venezuela, ( again, ditch four wheels, you still can't afford them ).

Good luck,

.................Forget about 4x4's. They command premium pricing.  These things only started to come out of the assembly lines by around the 1980's.  In case you haven't factor that yet, we are a subtropical to tropical country, and out here, there is no such a thing as snow covered roads, hence , no use for 4x4s.

The only exception to the rule, were Toyota Bandeirantes, aka Toyota Land Cruisers, and we stopped making those by the 1990's.  While the defy wear and tear, and the elements, you can't find any decent one for any less than R$ 100,000, or about 20,,000 Euros.
    -@sprealestatebroker

I disagree. While a 4X4 is certainly not essential in urban places and even absurd for many (those people that love to drive up and down beaches destroying sea turtle nests while they "experience nature"). I have a house that is located 30 minutes off of the asphalt and when the rains come the clay in parts of the road turn it into a greasy mess worse than any Wisconsin ice storm I've had to get through. Towing a heavy trailer (building material) through a sandy stream bottom crossing necessitated use of my 4WD.  I bought a 2019 Duster with 4WD and have used the 4WD feature frequently. I paid R$87000.00 (new). They now cost a lot more (mine is still worth about R$83K).

There are 74 Bandeirantes on Webmotors. One of them recently caught my eye..... a 1991 "stretch" 4X4 for R$65000.00. The odometer shows almost 700k km but these vehicles are the favorites of the northeastern backlands and there are plenty of parts and mechanics to keep them going. It is NOT a cargo vehicle but a passenger vehicle - still, with a little ingenuity you could make it fit many different needs. The vehicle is in Pernambuco.

In my area of the backlands there is ongoing filming of a new Disney miniseries called "Maria Bonita" and the whole crew (actors and film hands) gets delivered around the numerous filming sites in these Bandeirantes. Folks really love them here. Amazon Studios just wrapped up filming some 4+ months ago for "Cangaço Novo" (which is on Prime and I can't say if it is available outside of Brazil) and they also used the Bandeirantes to move crews all over the northeast to diverse filming sets.

I like Renault because they are popular (parts & mechanics) and because I just think French cars are "quirky" (ever see the film "4L," 2019 with Jean Reno - on Prime?) and I was raised around "quirky" cars .

A real work horse to consider is the VW Kombi. If you buy one it will increase in value if you maintain or improve its condition. The last one rolled off of the line in 2014. I have taken Kombis where other cars do not go (offroad) and while everyone can suggest numerous reasons why they have faults (as be the same for the  1970 Ford F-75, 2.3L 4X4 Pick-up in São José, SC, R$37900.00 - again Webmotors)  there are parts and mechanics (hard-to-find parts & mechanics for the F75). People from overseas are coming here to buy up remaining VW Kombis because other markets put a high value on them.

So - have fun looking around. There are many options but they're probably not as affordable as you'd hope for.

MattB

MBerigan,,

You are entitled to your opinions, however....

I've followed webmotor's postings on Toyota's 4x4 ( Bandeirantes only )  since last year.  Prices surged for a decent shape single/dual cab pickup.   What I could snag for R$ 60,000 last year, now posts for R$ 100,000, clean title. 

You might find your Mitsubish/Late Motel Toyota available for less than R$ 100,000, but I would be looknig thoroughly under carriage, engine, rust, mileage. 

Ford Rangers can be found, but againt, top of the line Ranger, no less than R$ 120,000 these days.   

And mind you, now they are made in Argentina, all Ford Plants in Brazil are  shutdown for good. 

GM, you can get a little more for your money.

As for 4x2, there are a few choices out here.... Fiat, Ford,, VW, Renault, GM. Small sized trucks. 

Brazil is not a strong market on 4x4's, so whatever little is available, it is snagged at premium asking prices. 

The only other option on 4x4, still a collector's vehicle, therefore not cheap, are Rural Willys Overland/Ford made ones (a two door SUV, whose  production ended mid 70's ), and its pickup equivalent rebadged under for as F-75 ( six and four inline engines ).

@Cejames Hey. I'm Chance. My wife and I are moving to Aracju in two months. I would love to  contact you so I have an English speaking friend. Have a great day!