Evolution of banking services in Poland

Hello everyone,

With rapid technological advancements, banking services are digitizing at lightning speed. Expats are thus propelled into a new era of options and payment methods, disrupting the traditional banking services of local establishments in Poland. An evolution that presents a range of opportunities and challenges on a local scale.

Share your experiences regarding the evolution of bankings services in Poland:

To what extent are the latest banking technologies being adopted and utilized in Poland? (contactless payments, phone-based payment systems, QR codes, etc.)
What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Are new payment methods emerging in Poland? Which ones, and what does it change in your daily life?

What are the advantages of using local bank services versus an international online banking service as an expat?

Are there specific features in banking apps that you find particularly helpful as an expat in Poland?

By sharing your experiences and insights, you contribute to a broader understanding of the evolving banking landscape for expats in Poland.

Thank you for your contribution.

Cheryl
Expat.com Team

@Cheryl   I want to follow this thread... we are selling our home in USA, and need to figure out the logistics of opening an account before we get there or where does our money stay in the states until we settle in.  I was wondering if there was such a thing as "international banking" like you mentioned.  We want to buy a house/farm within 3 months or at least thats our goal when we get there. Is wire transfers still a thing? will they work internationally. Is Poland going to look into CBDC? I hope not. Europe is further advanced than the US, so this is an important thread.

Hello....I took the link to HSBC expat bank...I called them and it seems like they offer everything. No physical branch exists...so it may be a good option when in between countries...? I'd like to hear from someone who has used this service...and if they are insured like here FDIC or whatever that version is called.  But it could eliminate leaving the money in USA and then moving and how the heck can I do a wire transfer after I have left when I can't go into the USA branch to sign or authorize it.  lots of questions...but this could be a cool option.

@lisalange1959

Hello, I hope members of the forum will guide you soon by sharing their experience. Cheryl forms part of the Expat.com team and we launched this topic so that members could share some feedback on banking services. So far, no response but your question is of interest and can get you some replies.

All the best

Bhavna