Volunteering in Egypt and helping Orphans & Poor citizens

Count me in Pls. in case you have an upcoming activities!

Thx

as ramadan is coming up why don't we do something for the orphans? I'm thinking of picking one orphange in each district and then take it from there. I'm thinking of going to to local  masjids to see if they can ask the people who go to the congregation to donate food, clothes, toys, etc for the cause. then we can take it to the place that needs it most. OR we can see what they specifically need, i.e. to paint a room, get an A/C, etc.. and then we can see what we can do for them via donations. what do you think?

Hello, Meems74, that sound really great...
Actually I've been a volunteer for the past 4 years at www.Resala.org this is the biggest Charity on Egypt, which lets you do as much as you wanna do...

I'm on Heliopolis Branch, we are doing a project to the orphans themselves, so we sell a hand-made accessories, and the earning all are for them of course, so what about helping us with that ?

omg, I would love to. where is the branch? I'm not too familiar with the area as of yet but I want to give as much as i can.

ummm, it's in arabic. I can't read arabic.

I will Bring you a Map from Google :)

U can also Check the FB page, to see how much we really do, just explore the photos :)https://www.facebook.com/Resala.org

This link on Google Maps, gonna show you how to reach from Al-Higaz Sq.

http://goo.gl/maps/O3sg

is there a specific day to go for this or is there someone I should contact. I'd like to make sure that i'd be able to keep up with it.

Resala has always been different, there's not a specific day, but there is a time, because of school time and also some other rules, as orphans there, don't know that they are really orphans. they have their virtual family from volunteer like me.

so u can be contact with Dina 01115222512, she's the girl responsible there. but her English is not very good actually, so If u had any problem u can contact me on 01112900713 or 01060990544.

I will make you up to date with the activities there, the coming one is a birthday party on saturday 9/6 - 6pm - that will be really great if u came and see how's the orphans there, i'm sure u gonna love them.

I will definitely try. I'll give her a call and see what she says.

thanks

I'll give her a call. thanks

okay wish u luck :)

thanks

Maadians will help you just contact them

where can i contact the maadians?

this is the admin of maadians group ahmed tamer tell him that you knew him from mostafa samy (me) and you want there help in ...
http://www.facebook.com/MrForex

this is our group on facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/maadians.shbablmaadi/

Mostafa samy wrote:

this is the admin of maadians group ahmed tamer tell him that you knew him from mostafa samy (me) and you want there help in ...
http://www.facebook.com/MrForex

Thanks for all your help. it's much appreciated

you're quite welcome :) no problem if you need any help just contact the admin or even send me message

Soon will be The Holy month of Ramadan, and we will start to collect donations.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an organization here in cairo that extends it's charity to the people in Gaza, Palestine. I'm interested in doing something, if possible for them during Ramadan and hopefully after that as well.

I will try to ask for you.

thanks, I appreciate your help

meems74 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an organization here in cairo that extends it's charity to the people in Gaza, Palestine. I'm interested in doing something, if possible for them during Ramadan and hopefully after that as well.

Islamic Relief (IR) has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994, and opened an office in Gaza City in 1998.

IR is working to help conflict-affected communities with projects such as rehabilitating infrastructure, livelihoods recovery and an integrated care programme for traumatised children.

FYR. I have been heard about them for a long time and they have a good reputation, but i never had working experiences with them before.

GOOD LUCK

do they have an office here in cairo?

I'm very familiar with Islamic Relief..I'll check it out

thanks

meems74
I do't know, but you can Google it and see.., and you are welcome..

Good Luck

eltviola wrote:

Great idea, I've been wanting to do something like this for ages! So how can I help? I've no idea how to get involved. The only charity I know is Resala (with an Arabic website) but it'd be great to have an eveent to help orphans if someone can make the right ccntacts. Life isn't only about having fun after all, it's worth making a difference if we can :)

yea Resala is really an awesome charity :)

i'm interested too in making a difference before i leave Egypt :)

Hello, I visited an orphanage yesterday with a good friend of mine, situated in October 6th. It was a very touching experience. I hadn't planned to do this before I came to Egypt so hadn't brought anything with me but we took them food (cereal, milk, juices, biscuits, crisps and some sweets). The children all seemed very happy and content and the orphanage was very clean and tidy.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any orphanges in Garden City, Nasr City or Heliopolis area as this would be easier for me to visit. I am only here in Egypt until 9th September then I will go back to the UK. Ideally I would like this to be an ongoing project for me in the UK and to even involve my work in helping.
So any good contacts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amanda

Resala Charity... Heliopolis
16 Ahmed Abd El-Khaliq Street, From Hegaz street, Hegaz Square - Behind CityBank

Do you know of the possibility of fostering orphans in Egypt or adoptions?

AmandaJTM wrote:

Hello, I visited an orphanage yesterday with a good friend of mine, situated in October 6th. It was a very touching experience. I hadn't planned to do this before I came to Egypt so hadn't brought anything with me but we took them food (cereal, milk, juices, biscuits, crisps and some sweets). The children all seemed very happy and content and the orphanage was very clean and tidy.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any orphanges in Garden City, Nasr City or Heliopolis area as this would be easier for me to visit. I am only here in Egypt until 9th September then I will go back to the UK. Ideally I would like this to be an ongoing project for me in the UK and to even involve my work in helping.
So any good contacts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amanda

Nasr City

Resala Charity Association
4 Zaky Rostom St. Off Mohamed Hassanein Heikal St. 6th Zone, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone Number: 19450, 02-22722712, 02-27620097, 02-26720069

Heliopolis

Resala Charity Association
9 Ahmed Abdel Khaleq St. El Hegaz Sq. Heliopolis, Cairo
Phone Number: 19450, 02-26207801, 02-26207802, 02-2620780

Hey guys and girls!

Who is interested in volunteering at ESMA animal shelter?? Let's make an event. Who's in?

what about if u can come and join us in the Tuesday weekly meeting to describe this to all the ppl,,,,then i guess u will have lots of them with u :)

please make the event soon ,i was at the esma cat shelter last friday and the saturday before that, cleaning the cages and bathing some of the few dogs that are there, i know that there is also so much work to be done at the esma dog shelter ,they also need donations of blankets ,medical supplies and cleaning products .
       please help the animals need you

Good idea i still helping homeless and Orphans out even in europe..im not in egypt now how can i help with that ?

Campos Lopez wrote:

Good idea i still helping homeless and Orphans out even in europe..im not in egypt now how can i help with that ?

U can help by donating. But plz check out their facebook page for more details on what they need. facebook.com/esma.egypt?fref=ts

flowergirl wrote:

please make the event soon ,i was at the esma cat shelter last friday and the saturday before that, cleaning the cages and bathing some of the few dogs that are there, i know that there is also so much work to be done at the esma dog shelter ,they also need donations of blankets ,medical supplies and cleaning products .
       please help the animals need you

I hope it will be soon, but due to the situation in Cairo right now I think it might be difficult to gather people for such an event. Even though I'll try. But we'll need at least 4-5 people.

Please join our animal support group on Facebook, it's easier to make events in there. 
facebook.com/groups/Save.Animals.Egypt

Hi folks

I did a little volunteering with one of the animal shelters last year and am very interested in hearing about opportunities to visit/support the orphanages or animal charities. I live in Ard el Golf/Heliopolis and would be happy to hear about any meetings you are planning.

Who's in for the coming event?