Work permit

Hi guys,

I am currently applying for work permit and I would like to know some information:

1.) How long is the waiting time until the decision?

2.) Do the Swedish Immigration call all your previous employers to check?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Hi,

This heavily depends on the status of your employer and the completness of your application. There are certified employers, and then there are certified employers with the ability to fast track a work permit  application.

Check with your employer if they are any of the above.

Most fast track applications are concluded within 3-4 weeks . sometimes sooner.

Where as regular work permit application can take anywhere between 2-4 months depending on the employer status with migration agency.

Hope this helps.

@Lim Iball thank you for the information!

I think they are certified employer and can fast track the application.

When I filled out the application form, they only ask for work history and no contact information required, unlike other country's that requires work certificates for work permit.

How would they contact my previous employers?

If so, for certified employers , do they still call my employers before?

I have too many of them having 23 years of experience. Just want to make sure so I can prepare the work certificates if needed, as for others I would have to request.

Thank you in advance!

Migration agency - It is difficult to say if they will contact them -  They may run checks on the companies you've worked for to see if they are legitimate etc,  but i am guessing that should be about it.

Your Employer - Depending on how your profile was received by them they may choose to contact previous employers. Generally if you are referred by another employee of theirs, then they mostly dont go for previous employment checks. But they will still ask for contacts if not already provided on your resume.

I never had to produce any employment certificates. Neither at the migration agency nor at my work place in Sweden.

You should check with you employer whether they have fast tracked the application or not, it comes with additional costs to the employer, so its not a guarantee that they will have.

As a precaution, just keep your previous 2 employment certificates handy.

Best of luck!

@Lim Iball thank you for the insights!

This helps a lot. Are you also non-Euro / non-Swedish nationality?

If not, may I know where are you from ?

Hi, Yes, I am from India. Moved here early this year.

@Lim Iball thanks! How long did it take to get your work permit?