Recommend a lawyer for Non-lucrative Visa

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and would like to ask some questions from those of you who are living in Spain and willing to share their experience and expertise.

I am a UK citizen, living in the UK and plan to retire to Tenerife next year. Can anyone recommend a lawyer to help with my application for a non-lucrative visa?

I have both savings and a pension, can I combine these to meet the proof of financial means? I have been informed that the Spanish Consulate in Manchester is currently refusing to accept a combination of savings and pension.

Any help/insight/wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and best wishes.

Keith.

Keith, Go to bureaucracy.es  they worked with me on my VISA and residency. Marina worked with us and made everything easy. Hop that helps.

Jesse

I would go back to the consulate and ask them for clarification of what sum of money they want you to have. Lawyer is very expensive route until you have exhausted every option with the consulate, I am English but lived in France. Spanish Paris consulate could be more helpful, I looked at a Spanish Lawyer they want money upfront before they would even look at my case, so went back to consulate and work with them, But you will need a Spanish address and health care. If you have any existing medical conditions Or past ones that reoccur you must declare or your assurance won't pay. If you are in perfect health expect to pay around 70€ a month upwards.

Thank you for the information and good advice.

Keith.

A lawyer cannot do more than what you can do yourself. Spanish consulates in the UK are overloaded, and bear in mind that it's not the Spanish but EU regulations you have to comply with. And - who wanted it this way?

Contact Email: ***

They are an legal firm in Spain called Radford Abagado(Attorney)

I dealt mostly with Laura.

They are a no nonsense english speaking company that is highly experienced in NLV.

I received my NLV on 20 November. i submitted my application on September 18 2023.

Document gathering, apostile,  translation are tine consuming, expensive and frustrating.

We persevered and Laura guided us all the way.

good luck

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Email should be shared in private. Click on the member's photo > send a message. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@keithgee

Im from US living in Tenerife on NLV

Yes you can combine Savings and Pension and other accounts

I have lived here 2 years in the capital

Love it. Im 77 and both my adult children live here and wanted me closer.

Good move

My attorney is Jesus Castro Robredo .

Speaks English

Very helpful, diligent and responsive.

If you want a local he cant be beat.

George Michailow

Good luck

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@keithgee

Hi Keith,

I am in the process of getting my VISA as well.  I am using a company called Talenom - they are worth the money.  I am coming from the US.  My lawyer helped me open a bank account, get my NIE, is providing oversight for home purchase and will then help me with my VISA applicaiton which includes gathering documents and getting finger printed.   She responds to me quickly and is really fast - a criticism of Spain is the slowness of the bureaucracy (when was it ever not??), so it's helpful to have Talenom expediting everything.   They have taken the worry out of my move.   I recommend looking them up on line and then talking to a lawyer to understand their fee structure.

Good luck, Lynn

Thank you for your replies, I will follow up.

I have found it's hard to get clear information, different websites seem to say different things!

Keith.

I opened a Wise Bank account, its online, pay my DD from it, service is in English good exchange rates' you can use Spanish cash machine's Monday to Friday, pay to use at the weekend, cost 5€ to open.

Exciting times ahead with your plans to retire in Tenerife! When I was navigating the visa process, I found having a good lawyer really helped ease my worries. I stumbled upon a great resource at [link moderated]/ , and they guided me through the ins and outs of my application. Super helpful!

Regarding your financial proof, I combined my savings and pension too, but I faced some confusion. I suggest checking directly with your consulate, as they can give the most current info. I remember stressing over similar details, but getting clear answers made a huge difference.

@George Michailow

So encouraging to read your entry, George.

I'm a early seventies professional woman from SF, applying for my NLV to move to Valencia.

• My financials are gathered and in good shape. Did you also include SS benefits?

• Did you use the American Translator Association for your necessary translations?

That's all for now.

Nicole Thiel

Hi I'm a newbie too. I want to move from Tenerife to mainland Spain. I am retired with a UK income. I have a TIE and and if anyone can advise regarding best areas to live, expat's communities, moving belongings etc. it would be most appreciated.