Used car purchasing

I am looking to purchase a used car and seeking some guidance. I have a budget around 3000-4000 and looking for a Nissan or toyota. I have been trying to look on dubizzle, expatriates, opensooq, facebook for private sale vehicles, but it seems that most people are dishonest dealers with rolled back odometers or accidented cars. I was wondering if there is any trustworthy dealer that I can contact, or if there are any other sites I am unaware about.

You mentioned all popular sites where usually cars bought/sold. If you like a car take a second opinion with your trusted mechanic or go to a used cars showroom (kanoo / zayani..others), most of them are located in sitra area.

@logicalindian are the used car showrooms trustworthy? i haven't heard the best stories of dealers in general.

Ek kanoo, yk Almoyeed, Zayani these three are authorised dealers for Toyota, Nissan and mistubishi respectively these guys also have their seconds showroom, not only them but also other car dealers Google for more info. If after purchase you face issues you have someone whom you can approach, this is the best i feel, rest is on you to decide

Good luck