New members of the Cyprus forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cyprus forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cyprus if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,

My Husband And I are moving to Cyprus sometime this year, we are having a house built in Sotira Near Aia Napa and would welcome any contact with others in Sotira. We plan to come out in March so any local groups we can pop along to would be great.

Angela & Jim

Hi Angela & Jim,

Kalos orisate!  Welcome.

If you are moving to the Sotira near Zanaja/Zanatzia/Zanakia, you will be welcome to come over for coffee.  I live in the centre of Zanaja village.

@helgasnowdon we are moving into a new build house in Freneros the next village across. we can catch up for coffee when you arrive in March

Hi,

That will be most welcome and we will contact you on arrival in March. Have you moved into your new home? Was your experience of buying new build a positive one?

Our home won't be ready till July maybe? We will know more when we visit the developers and solicitor in March.

@Julien

Hello sir

My name is Aminu salisu yahaya from kano state in Nigeria and I am 35years, I am looking for a job in the great country syprus to the best my ability to perform a successful job.

I have a national diploma in architecture, I can design, landscaping and Driving and also have others experience to perform work in the field.

@Aminusalisyy

Hello and welcome !

Please create your CV in the Jobs in Cyprus section of the website for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi

thanks!

@helgasnowdon Hi Guys, I live in Sotira near the Shell station. Welcome and if you want to chat let me know

Charles

Hi thanks!         -@Karaleslie

Hello Karaleslie,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Could you share more details about yourself?

Knowing more about you would enable us to offer better assistance.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi,

My name is Gábor, with my wife we go to Cyprus from 3rd of March to 10 of March. My wife Anna is a singing bowl terapist. She takes her quartz crystal singing bowls to Cyprus. We are looking people who are interested in, who would try the special sound of quartz crystal singing bowls. If you have friends, family or group of people who are interested in please contact me. I also can send a short video where you can see and listen.

Hi Everybody,

Myself and my partner are hoping to emigrate to Cyprus at some point this year. We are new to the forum and are hoping that all your experiences will help to settle our nerves regarding a few issues.

We have a fairly good understanding of the requirements for the pink slip but are a little bamboozled about how to carry out our banking. Should we open a new thread or can I ask some of my questions here?

Kind regards,

Mark

Welcome Mark...   Start specific threads .but use the search function first as it's highly likely the question has been answered

Welcome Mark. Great news and exciting times ahead. Pls feel free to ask questions as there is a wealth of knowledge here. Bear in mind that things do change all the time and test any advise to ensure it is up to date and still applicable! Always engage a professional to assist as well. It will probably cut the time and provide peace of mind.

@Toon. Thank you so much for your response. I will post my question in a new thread which hopefully you will see. Any help would be very much appreciated

Kind regards,

Mark

@phildraper Thank you so much for your response. I will post my question in a new thread which hopefully you will see. Any help would be very much appreciated

@JulienI did reply yesterday but must have pressed the wrong button somewhere.

just a quick reply,  I spent 2 years in the Air force in Akrotiri leaving in June 1973. We all wept when we left as we had been so happy there.

Now 50 years later we want to return. It may seem strange to you since I will be 81 in June and my wife is 77 but we are still coming back. My eldest son is coming too with his family.

We hope to be there in a few weeks time to look at the house we are eying up in Paphos, also to look round and see what has changed in 50 years We were so happy there and want some more of it especially the sunshine. We naturally have a few health problems but my Doctor says we will be better off in the climate. I will not be laying in the sun all day as I used to do. We have 3 little dogs the size of Yorkies and they will be with us too.

We will not have any financial problems at all.

My wife has spent some time trying to find Furniture shops out there as we like Leather seating and not fabric but so far we have not found any. We think we may have to import from Italy.

I think that is all I can say for now, I will be happy to answer any queries you may have.

Bye for now

Ken Cooper

Hi all i am British so is my husband but holds an Irish passport. We are thinking of moving to Cyprus . We plan to go out in September for a holiday Looking for a new build the west area of Larnaca. Any advice would be totally welcomed. We both will have to wait for our pension but will have money in the bank. The lady who was asking about the car if you could give any information on right move would appreciate.

Many thanks,

Karen

@karenmarshall65

I have an Irish passport as I was born in NI and my husband is English.  I applied for residency which is automatically given as I have an EU passport.  At the same time my husband applied as a spouse of an EU citizen.  So it was no issue with him being British.