French Residence Permit Renewal

I applied for a French  residence permit renewal and don't understand the received the message below.   Has my application been accepted?   It's not clear to me.  Thank you.

Your online application for residence permit no. 340220**** has been closed.

Your request for a residence permit has been taken into account. You will be notified by SMS when it is available.

You have written their response in English possibly badly translated.  If you provide your original response in French I will be able to give you an answer.  Chris Ward

Don't know which permit you are renewing.

For the annual renewal, there is usually a message that it has received an avis favorable and you are told to wait for a msg saying to come and get it. That should be close to the expiration date so you don't have two valid permits in hand at the same time.

Maybe prefectures differ in their messaging.

I was instructed to contact my local prefecture, it is in their hands.  I guess I need more patience

As a follow up, I was instructed to contact my local prefecture for status my visa renewal.  Their response was automatic and the translation was lost to English.   My existing visa expires in a few days, does anyone know how they will contact me and how I can pick it up?

Thank you

Dear Mrice,

I am Yuliana, attorney in immigration in France. When the Prefecture says that your case has been "closed" this does not mean that you have been denied but they probably asked a document, or an information and you didn't provide it in timeframe allocated. Another reason is that your information is incomplete. You must contact them via "nous contacter" (on the top right corner of the ANEF website). What is your residence permit category? If they closed your case the most appropriate solution would be to resend them all the proof that you still have the right of renewal, it is not automatic.

Thank you for your response.  This is my first residence permit renewal and I'm confused about my status (and nervous).

I don't know what they mean by Your request for a residence permit has been taken into account (??)

However the message said You will be notified by SMS when it is availableso that's encouraging.

How will I receive the physical permit and pay the fee?  Must I make an appointment?

Hello Mrice30. Sorry, I had sent the response to this channel, and it didn't come through.

In that context, it is reassuring. You will receive a message by SMS or through your platform and must make an appointment to retrieve your card! For some prefectures, the appointment is taken online; it's the case in Paris. For others, it's via email. It can be lengthy, so don't hesitate to reach them regularly via the contact form on the Anef website if you don't have news. I hope this helps,