Money request

My friend met a guy from Morocco online. He invited her and the day she arrived she met his mom. They went on a really nice holiday where he paid for everything.  She is inlove and he proposed. He was very upfront with everything.  He has a job but is self employed. He has a property and purchased another. He seems very upfront.  Never vern married, no kids.  10 years younger. Recently he has asked her to help him with a large sum of money for the registration of the 2nd house.

Says he loves her, shares his movements etc. But I am a bit nervous.

They are planning to get married and he will join her in the UK for a maximum of 3 years.

Tbh the only concern is the money he has asked for. Any advice.

He says he has nobody and his family won't help him. He has a sister he is very close with who apparently is married.

Hi there.

I am married to Moroccan man and not once during the engagement or during our marriage has he ever asked for money.  It is a very big red flag if man is asking her for money.

Considering that Morocco has a housing scheme which allows every Moroccan citizen to apply and they will be  awarded a $10,000 or $7,000 assistance to buy a property.

With regards to owning a house in Morocco is very common for someone to say I have a house but in actual fact it is part of their inheritance for example: the grandfather passes away and he might have five children. All of his children have a right to ownership of that house, to a 5th of that house so all five of them might stay in the house or my stay in the house off and on.

It is very terrible but sometimes the entire family could be in on a scam.

My suggestion is that she does not part with her money.

That she sees his bank statements and title deed of his house.

I really hope this is not the case and that your friend has found the one.

@ancillamcpherson

I would be suspicious too, too many red flags

Also to have UK naturalisation you need to prove you have been in the country for 3 years prior to your application......Just a little too well thought out if you ask me.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-sp … pplication

@ancillamcpherson  red flags all around. as moroccan man who lived in the uk for the last 30 years and seen firsthand how young man prey on older foreign ladies with the only objective is to gain money or get a visa to stay in a wealthy country.  marriages like these do not last very long and your friend will have her heart broken. please tell her to be careful, very careful. 🙏

They are not married. I wouldn't give any money.

She needs to watch the court shows. Judge Judy always say don't borrow money especially when they are new and what are the laws for paying that money back?  Is she protected in anyway, any claim to the property..

it's a huge risk.

I would suggest not marrying for at least a year or two

Also, if she is set on lending him the money, hire a moroccan lawyer to draw up papers and have the house listed as collateral so if he default on payment she can sell house   Lawyer can run title check on property to verify owners and lien holders 

@ancillamcpherson - That is a SCAM and your friend should give NO money

No money without a notarized contract. This is just a scam.

@Said Idouarab thank you for being honest on here and speak out.

Hi everyone, thank you. I am trying to talk to her. She showed me the deeds, his passport, his documents,  he works offshore so must earn decent money.  In the messeges about this he has said a few times he blames himself.

The company he owes this registration fee to is wafasalaf. I googled and it looks like a loan agency. Unfortunately I don't speak read or write French or Arabic.

He says he bought a new property Nd this is the registration fee. He is getting more and more persistent.

A part of it all seems genuine and the other makes ne nervous. She paid for his visit visa application that was denied.

He just showers attention and etc I am very nervous.

In addition everything is very suss. He has a job , the flat pics is saw seems nice. The pics with his mom.

But then there is the half sister who is married apparently.

But they've been on holiday.  He produced a single status document. 

Apparently this sister is when his dad left his mom.

When he is not in morroco he is mom is not well so he stays with her. There are weird things happening but he always has a plausible answer.

My friend is falling and I would hate for her to be a laughing stock.

I've told her to talk about money, the supposed marriage and visa application.

But she is inlove.

Tell her not to give him any money, as she will 100% lose all her money.

Any genuine man would not ask for money like this.

If he earns decent money, why not take a loan from the bank instead of asking the lady.

@f.kadiri  🤔

that guy is waste of space to be honest. He is trying hard how far he can go with that lady.  Lady should top treating them like they are the only men in the world, giving them all attention, investing too much time, energy and of course money ....

@f.kadiri

He borrowed this money from an agency.

Apparently he is a freelancer so cannot go to the bank.

She is so inlove I'm really nervous. I'm doing my own investigation.

An update. So my friend ended things. But he is adamant that he never lied. So providing all sorts of evidence to back up his story.

To be fair she did promise to give him the money and then did drag it out. So I see both points now,  and told her she should never have offered in the first place.

He is now working and the bits she did give him he has returned.

@ancillamcpherson

They usually return the small amounts to build the trust so that they can hit the jackpot which will never be returned. Good luck

Agreed. I think its over. Its just sad that there actually are these kind of people out there.

The sister is probably his wife

@My_favorite

My closest friend was deceived in Morocco when he became engaged to a woman who targeted foreign men, manipulating him with apparent affection while simultaneously engaging in similar relationships with several other men.