Mail Order Pharmacies Shipping to Belize

Has anyone used a mail order pharmacy to receive their medications not available in Belize.  If so, which one and how did it work?  I have run into a roadblock trying to locate a pharmacy that can fill a prescription in the country. 

@garnpooky Hi there. I normally have my meds sent to a friend back in the states and she ships to me thru BELIZEAN QUEEN. my doctor knows I live in Belize so he writes for 90 day supply.  Hope these helps.  Let me know your thoughts 🤔 Stephanie Caver “Master Hair Extension Artist” of Gone Girl Hair Studio Extension Installs & Classes Est 2014 Founder & Master Stylist

I use Pharmacia Del Nino,.in Mexico. They sent my package to my courrier address in Chetumal, then the courrier sent it by airplane to Dangriga,.where I live. It costs me 150 blz plus shipping to Dangriga (30 blz)

A lot might depend on the specific details of your prescription. Here in Cayo, I could get a prescription from a Belizean doctor, and the local pharmacies can fill that. On the other hand, some medications that require a prescription in the US are available over the counter without a prescription at any of the local pharmacies (subject to them having it in stock at any given time, of course).

@gonegirlhairstudio  thank you for your response I would have never thought of using a freight forwarding service

@zerotron unfortunately I have tried pharmacies/hospitals all over BZ to obtain a generic drug (Zonisamide 25mg) used for controlling seizures and all have had no luck whatsoever

@garnpooky it was my friend and doctor that came up with it  lol  glad i was able to help

@garnpooky Agreed, there are some medications that just can't be obtained here in-country. Another possible option, depending on exactly where you are, would be to obtain the medication in Mexico or in Guatemala, if you're fairly near to one of those borders.

Has anyone used a mail order pharmacy to receive their medications not available in Belize.  If so, which one and how did it work?  I have run into a roadblock trying to locate a pharmacy that can fill a prescription in the country. 

-@garnpooky

I just confirmed with Tropic Air in Placencia, that small items can be sent from the USA to any Tropic Air airport location via FedEx. Call Tropic Air at the airport close to you. They can give you the exact information that must be put on the FedEx label by whosoever is sending it for you in the USA. The Tropic Air manager I talked to said they do this all the time, and it takes 4-5 days to arrive. They will call or email you when it gets in. I did not ask the cost.

@Aerodex  thanks for this information as it certainly seems a via option