Documents needed for a Dutch mortgage

I'm going to be in the market for buying a place soon, and have done a lot of research comparing how the Dutch system works compared to the US one. Unfortunately most websites out there basically just say 'you apply for the mortgage, give them requested information, and get approval (it's magic!).

I know when I bought a place in the US to get a mortgage, the bank wanted everything short of a blood sample, so does anyone know what paperwork most Dutch banks request? I'm assuming by default they want proof of employment contract and paystubs and some bank records, but what else do they request? financial records from your home country, etc?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference in how long I've lived/worked here in terms of paperwork requirements. I know not having EU citizenship puts a small ding in my case. Thanks!

Hi - try checking out this link.  It looks like the guy is selling his services, but the upfront information seems right.  it's been many years since I was looking at house buying in the Netherlands, so assuming it's legit, it will be more up-to-date than me/many.  As in all things on the internet, buyer beware.

Passport and residence permit card: Should not be expiring soon.

Salary slip: Should not be older than a month.

Employer's Statement: This document indicates what rights/benefits you have via your employment.

Last Year's tax statement: Personal income tax overview.

Pension statement/overview: Should be received from Dutch mijnpensionenoverzicht.

Proof of employment: Contract should not be temporary/fixed term.

For any assets/savings: Those should be already in NL. Also they require solid proof that you acquired them legally (expect a thorough investigation).

Other obligations: Documentation on other loans, mortgages etc. that you are still paying.