Cost of living in Oman in 2024

Hello everyone,

As every year, we invite you to share your experience regarding the cost of living in Oman, and if possible, in the specific region or city where you live. This will help members who are planning to relocate in Oman.

Here are some points to guide you; the idea is to provide average prices for each category:

When it comes to housing, what is the cost of renting or buying an apartment or house in Oman?

How much do you pay for public transports such as buses, subways, trains, trams, or taxis?

Could you share the average monthly cost of your grocery shopping?

What is the cost of health insurance? How much does a medical consultation cost in Oman?

What are the tuition fees for children?

What are the average monthly costs for electricity, gas, water, internet, and phone plans?

For leisure activities, how much does it cost monthly?

If there are other expenses you find relevant, please feel free to share them!

Thank you for your contribution.

Expat.com Team

Hi,

The living cost in Oman for an average of two adults and one kid will be:

1. Flat rent from 150 to 200 OMR (Depends on locations)

2. Grocery shopping 110 to 150 (Including everything)

3. Kid's school fees 51 OMR (Indian Schools)

4. Car Rentals from 170 to 250 OMR (As per car model)

5. Electricity and water 40 OMR, 30 for WIFI (Mostly free in rental flats)

6.60 to 100 Riyal petrol expenses, depending on your travel distance.

7. Other expenses for entertainment are 50 to 100 OMR, up to your choice.

8. Household furniture and kitchen items will cost around 400 to 1000 OMR, including everything (As per your taste.)

I hope this will help calculate the average living cost, you may try OLX to do some research about property rentals in your preferred area and car prices as well.

Hey jagjithse1984,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed breakdown of the cost of living in Oman for the year 2024. 

It is very helpful for newcomers to get a sense of what to expect financially. Your input is much appreciated. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I can share my personal expense (per month):

1. Rent: 200 OMR (Al-Khuwair- one bedroom flat with furnished Kitchen and 2 washrooms and main lounge)
  2. Grocery: 60 OMR (I cook three meals a day (non-veg) and hardly eat out due to health concerns)
  3. Fuel: 50 OMR (Home to work (Bausher) and back plus weekend hanging out in the city)
  4. Electricity and water: 50 OMR (AC is turned on for about 8 hours everyday plus showering twice a day plus daily dishwashing)
  5. Entertainment: Cinema, infrequent eating out, shisha etc would count to approximately 30 OMR.
  6. Furnishing: I mostly buy when deals are around. 50 OMR max.

@Haider Ali Shah1988

Furnishing: I mostly buy when deals are around. 50 OMR max.

Sounds like a good deal! 1f600.svg

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Cheryl