Moving to Germany Requirements

Hello. I hope you all are doing well. I am from Pakistan and I moved here in Italy about seven months ago with my family. I don't have residence permit yet as I have applied for it and all I have is receipt and Identity card. I want to move from Italy to Germany for study purposes. Can I move from Italy to Germany without residence permit if I want to study there? Or what are the requirements to move to germany from italy?

If you want to study in Germany as a non-EU-citizen, you need to apply a student visa at the nearest German embassy.

Please note that, as a student, it is not possible to bring your family with you - as for that you would have to show sufficient income to feed them (approx. 10000€/year per person), among other requirements.

Also, language skills of C1 level are usually required to be accepted by any German university. How good is your German?

@beppi no actually I'm living in Italy right now with my family.  I've moved here in Italy through family reunion visa about 7 months ago from Pakistan. I just needed to know that how can I move from here to Germany on study purposes?

@beppi and also I have zero knowledge of german language. I am planning to chose a study course that is offering in English language

I already answered your question about moving: You need a visa first.

But it is a bad idea to move here without language skills.

@beppi no actually I'm living in Italy right now with my family.  I've moved here in Italy through family reunion visa about 7 months ago from Pakistan. I just needed to know that how can I move from here to Germany on study purposes?        -@yaamansameer

Living in Italy gives you no right to come to Germany. Like Beppi wrote, you will need a study visa after being accepted into a university program. And while many masters are taught in English, few bachelors are. And getting a degree taught in English has little to no future to work afterwards in Germany except in a very few niche fields; one needs to have a high level of the local language. And again as Beppi mentioned; in theory a person on a study visa can bring their spouse and minor children - if they have enough money put on a German blocked bank account to pay the livng expenses. Seems you have no clue and have some kind of false expectations.

@yaamansameer

As you can see, you've gotten nearly the same responses that I gave you in the Italy forum earlier!

@TominStuttgart thank you so much. It helps me a lot

@romaniac yeah. Thank you

Hello everyone, I'm new here and from Africa, Nigeria. Would love to move to Germany for work as a caregiver and if possible attend a school. But I have no clue on how to start and why requirements I need to prepare. Also I wish to get a job before I could relocate. Would love your opinion on this.

Hello. I hope you all are doing well. I am from Pakistan and I moved here in Italy about seven months ago with my family. I don't have residence permit yet as I have applied for it and all I have is receipt and Identity card. I want to move from Italy to Germany for study purposes. Can I move from Italy to Germany without residence permit if I want to study there? Or what are the requirements to move to germany from italy?        -@yaamansameer

As a legal resident of Italy, one can apply at the German Embassy/Consulate in Italy for a visa to come to Germany to study. Whether your documentation about a residence permit application that is still under processing would be considered acceptable as proof of being "legally resident" or not, is a question for the Embassy. I have a feeling that you might need a residence permit in hand for that.

Of course, to then be granted a student visa, you first need to be accepted into a degree course. Degrees taught solely in English are often oversubscribed and very competitive and in the end are often useless for getting a qualified job in Germany afterwards, if that is your goal.

Are you looking at Bachelors or Masters prgrammes?

You are also not making it clear what your circumstances are. You came to Italy for family reunion - to join a spouse? Parents? Do you yourself have dependents who would expect to also move to Germany with you?

Have a look at the official web site, where you can search all degree programmes in Germany and can find resources regarding student visas:

https://www.daad.de/en/

@yaamansameer

Also, as a non-EU prospective student, you will most likely have to apply through uni-assist.

So, this is another resource for you regarding the process of being accepted into a university programme:

https://www.uni-assist.de/en/

@ALKB thank you so much sir. I moved in Italy with my parents. And no, I am planning to go there  alone for my studies. But what you have told me, it was really informative. Thank you

@zeenainmanagements You need to decide first whether you want to work or study in Germany. Both is not possible.

To work as caregiver, you need recognised certifications. Do you have them?

To study here, you need entry acceptance by a school, plus sufficient financial reserves to fund your stay. Do you have that?

And for both options, you also need language skills. How good is your German?