Working as pilates instructor (as Sole Trader)

Is anyone here working in the fitness industry & got any insights on -

1.  how to get insurance as a pilates instructor with a non-german qualification? 

2. how hard is it to set up as a sole trader?

3. insights on whether people would be ok attending a class (taught in english) I know this isn't ideal.   This is assuming a located close to a major city of course.   Thoughts?

4.  what is the general feel towards PT/fitness/pilates? 

🙏

Additionally - should have added I have full right to work in EU

Is anyone here working in the fitness industry & got any insights on - 1.  how to get insurance as a pilates instructor with a non-german qualification?  2. how hard is it to set up as a sole trader?3. insights on whether people would be ok attending a class (taught in english) I know this isn't ideal.   This is assuming a located close to a major city of course.   Thoughts? 4.  what is the general feel towards PT/fitness/pilates?  🙏        -@AussieRanga

1. 1. I have no idea.
  2. As you have work rights in the EU, setting up is not hard. The harder part is running the business, accounting, taxes, health insurance, and social contributions.
  3. Where I am, in Berlin, classes in English are maybe not very common but also not rare and with an ever growing expat community, more and more studios and organizations are adding classes in English to their offering. Just be aware that you will be mostly relying on expats and here and there some Germans who live/work in environs where English is very present.
  4. PT is in short supply, everybody needs it, wait lists are long, but as far as I know, you need a recognized qualification. Fitness and pilates are generally popular.

To add to what ALKB wrote above:

• You said you have "full rights" to work in the EU, but you are not EU citizen. It is thus not clear whether you also have "full rights" to move here, register as resident and start a business.
  • If you become resident, you can (and must) join a German health insurance, just like everyone else. This will not be cheap - and whether you must join the private or public scheme depends on where and how you are insured now.
  • Even if your courses are in English, formalities like business registration, accountancy and taxation are in (difficult, buerocratic) German. You probably need to engage professionals (and bear their fees) to deal with these.

@ALKB thank you - yes definitely thinking of being near expat community thanks good to know about PT as hubby (EU citizen) is one.  appreciate your insights

@beppi - thank you