Checking Possibilities for moving to Colombia

Hello and good time.

I'm an Iranian citizen, currently residing in Italy with a student visa but planning to migrate to Colombia within the next few months. I wish I can obtain citizenship and Colombia passport afterwards. I intend to establish or lease a café with a unique style. This café will offer tourism services and also serve as a space for community organization meetings, social activities, startup ideas, charity events, programs for LGBTQ+ individuals, and meetings with investors and sponsors. I'm thinking of naming this style "Community Café". Do you think it's feasible to do this with a total capital of 10,000 euros? If yes, I'd like to know if there's a way to obtain a loan with favorable conditions to enhance this venture, as it will undoubtedly lead to entrepreneurship.

Furthermore, I have a startup idea that I plan to pursue alongside this café, but I haven't yet written its business plan because I'm unsure if I can afford to relocate to Colombia with the funds I have. I would appreciate it if you could provide answers to these questions. If so, I kindly request your assistance in navigating the migration process.

Thank you,

F

@farzadafshar1992 Welcome to the forum, Farzad buddy. Cool that you're looking to relocate to Colombia. Yes, 10,000 euros would be more than enough to move here. However, based on what you wrote, I strongly suggest you:

1. Put your investment plans on hold
  2. Do A LOT of online research about Colombia (for example, this site is a treasure trove of "real, gritty, detailed" information, you can search)
  3. Travel here and live for at least 3 months (a full 6 if possible - the max allowed by tourist visas) before deciding.

Based on current cost of living rates for a single adult, you can live comfortably and safely here (in a city or town that is NOT Cartagena) for about $1,750/month.

If, after 3 or 6 months, you decide you still want to invest in Colombia... then you'll be in a better position to ask the right questions and take the next steps.

Good luck!

I actually think this was in.the top 10 most bizzarre posts I have read on here.

@nico peligro, I think Top 5 as it has so many moving parts to it that are out there. Just saying.