Working from NL remotely for an Indian company

Working for an Indian company while on a dependent work permit

My wife is getting a long term intra company transfer to Amsterdam. I work remotely for a company registered in India.

if I move to Netherlands, I will be on a dependent visa. I will also get a work permit. The question is -

Will I be able to work for the Indian company remotely from there ? Is yes, will there be additional taxes to pay in NL which will impact my net salary.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Where you are assessed for taxes is wholly dependent on where you are deemed as being resident.  From what you've described, I suspect you will be deemed as being resident in the Netherlands from the day you arrive, so you will be assessed on your worldwide income by the Dutch Government (Belastingdienst).  There is however a Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) in place between the Indian and Dutch Governments; this link will take you to something that has been published on the subject.  There is the subject of the Dutch Social taxes which are explicitly outside of the Agreement and can come as a bit of a surprise.  My advice would be to seek the services of a Dutch tax adviser when you arrive in the Netherlands.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

What Cynic says is true. But remote working, being a digital nomad, and taxes is a rather complicated mixture.  You will live in the Netherlands. But where do you actually work? On a server in India? You get your income from India, and pay taxes there.

Your wife will have to fill out her tax declaration every year in March. And officially you, as dependent spouse, will have to declare your income from India in the same declaration (if you are legally married that is). Then, the double tax agreement should prevent you from paying double taxes.

But it is far easier to not tell the Belastingdienst anything. Then your wife fills out her tax declaration, and you do nothing. The net result will be the same. But with a lot less paperwork. In this case it is best to have your Indian income deposited in an Indian bank account.

@petersjantje no , i am not working in india now. i am in  Belgium now. working under student contract.

i just want to know what is the best option for me to apply for Netherlands visa?

Is it from Belgium or from India?

What Cynic says is true. But remote working, being a digital nomad, and taxes is a rather complicated mixture.  You will live in the Netherlands. But where do you actually work? On a server in India? You get your income from India, and pay taxes there.
Your wife will have to fill out her tax declaration every year in March. And officially you, as dependent spouse, will have to declare your income from India in the same declaration (if you are legally married that is). Then, the double tax agreement should prevent you from paying double taxes.
But it is far easier to not tell the Belastingdienst anything. Then your wife fills out her tax declaration, and you do nothing. The net result will be the same. But with a lot less paperwork. In this case it is best to have your Indian income deposited in an Indian bank account.

-@petersjantje

I agree, it's why I always advise people in these circumstances to go and speak to a Dutch tax adviser.  In this kind of situation, no 2 people's situations are the same, the person will be judged on what he/she tells the Belastingdienst.  They will get assessed and charged for social taxes, so it's always useful that you claim any justifiable costs back, that's where the tax advisor comes in.