Schools Da Nang

Hi, I'm looking to find a reasonably priced school for my 6 year old in Da Nang. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? A cursory search of the internet yields schools that cost upwards of vnd 200million. I'd like to budget half that if possible.

Hi, I'm looking to find a reasonably priced school for my 6 year old in Da Nang. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? A cursory search of the internet yields schools that cost upwards of vnd 200million. I'd like to budget half that if possible.

-@mitsmaak

The last time I was involved in paying tuition for a young child in Đà Nẵng (2018) the cost was significantly less than that at Skyline International.

I was supporting 3 Vietnamese children and the school was asking for ₫45,000,000 VNĐ for a semester.

I wasn't willing to do that so we instead enrolled them at Hermann Gmeiner School (Google Maps link)

Unfortunately, that option isn't normally available for International students (non-Vietnamese) but your children's mother is Vietnamese, correct?

if your 6 year old is bilingual, that school was a good option for us.

Yes, you are correct; my wife is Vietnamese.

I was comming up goose egg on searches. I will definitely go look into both those.

Thanks so much! Have a great week!

@mitsmaak There are no real internatiomal schools in Danang. Singapore school has an international school program but its 90% locals. the instruction style is extremely asian and would not be suitable for kids who are used to western style ed. The other schools are APU and St Nicholas and its the same story as SIS except instruction and facilities are even worse. danang is a great place to but maybe not ideal for expat families and this is another reason why.

@Ehoward

Bonjour from New Caledonia, what you wrote is important for us because we planned to move from New Caledonia to a better place to live and learn for our 6 years old daughter.

She speaks French, learns english at school and Vietnamese with her mother.

I was happy a few days ago to find SIS in Danang, a city which attract me for a correct quality of life.

But of course, the way of teaching for our daughter is important.

Can you explain why the way of teaching in SIS Danang may not be adapted to expat children?

Would you have any suggestions for international schools in VN or outside?

We will not go where the air pollution is too high or in a too huge city.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Jmichel

@jmbore Have you found a school for your child yet? If not, you might want to consider 4Life Education!

You can inbox me: ***

Moderated by Cheryl last week
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct