Menu
Expat.com

Appeal for Entry Unsuccessful

Last activity 06 March 2024 by surya2k

yiem515

Hello, I am posting because I would like to ask for anyone’s opinion or advice on my case. It is actually for my brother Matt.

I am originally from the Philippines but I am married to Singaporean and I have a Singaporean son. Last year 2023 I invited my entire family, mom, dad, brother to come here to celebrate my son's first bday. My older brother is here too studying in Singapore. That was May 2023. July I asked them come back to celebrate my brother Matt bday and my dad. June 30 and July 1. They live in Malaysia only as my dad works there for more than 10 years. however still holding Philippine passport. I extended my brother's Matt visa online as I needed help to take care of my son and to celebrate my bday in August too. Me and my husband working full time so I needed help. It was approved and he went back to Malaysia.

Oct 2023 I invited my brother Matt again to come here for Halloween Horror Nights and upon leaving Nov 2023 he was asked to send an appeal to ICA before visiting Sg again. This coming June is my son's 2nd bday and I want my whole family here again however after applying for appeal, it was unsuccessful. My brother did not overstay or work illegally at all. We were really doing tourist things and enjoying Singapore as we were away for so long due to covid.

Just want to know if anyone got similar experience and eventually got approved. We don't know if he is banned or if he is how long is the ban as the officer just said he came to Singapore many times.

I dont know what to do or what to say to ICA to have it eventually approved because they said if anything has changed send an appeal again for their consideration. But we are not sure what needs to be changed as we dont know they do not allow visitation of family members often in Singapore. Do I need to say my family will be visiting much lesser this year? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

beppi

I replied o your other post about the same topic.

Please do not double-post!

yiem515

@beppi hello, thank you for your reply. I did not double post. I mentioned on my previous reply to you that I would like to create a thread for this to ask for other opinions.

surya2k

I think he is not banned, because he is travelling few times already, so ICA might be thinking that he is coming here to search job.

Better ask him to send his HR letter where he has taken leave for this trip (if he is working) then bring that letter to ICA along with your husband where your husband who is a Singaporean can be sponsored.

If ICA still not convinced and didnt approve then better stay away for 1yr at least before he applies visa again. Good luck

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Travelling to Singapore
    Travelling to Singapore

Tourism is an important pillar of Singapore's economy, and the country often portrays itself as an Asian ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Customs in Singapore
    Customs in Singapore

Singapore strictly enforces its customs policies. Whether you're traveling to the country for a short period ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

All of Singapore's guide articles