Belgium Nationality 2024

@ARMaliq Thank you! Actually not so many times, there were some activities on the last days before the 4 month deadline, but really not much. The only useful thing for mondossier is to see if your nationality has changed to Belgian or not on the first page. If you live in Brussels then you can also check IRISBOX, you should be able to download your Belgian certificate there.

The crazy thing is that although it has been more than 7 months, I have never received any letter officially to say that I am Belgian lol, I only knew it cause of IRISBOX. and then I went and applied for an ID and Passport immediately.

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I checked and my nationality request was approved. (checked on vlaanderen.be, mon dossier was never working for me)

My timeline was

27.4 - Applied in Antwerp based on 5 years of uninterrupted work, got a confirmation on applying by hand.

15.7 - Nationality request was approved.

No police visit and no communication in between.

Still didn't get the approval letter in the post, but I didn't wait and went today to apply for the ID/Passport.

Good luck to everyone.

@Nothing_serious35 Hi! Congratulations! Could you manage to apply for the passport as well? or do you need ID card to apply for the passport?

@karan_sharma_2602

Thanks!

I applied for both at the same time.

@Nothing_serious35

How do you check on vlaanderen.be?

I mean do you have to check on some category? Or it just reflects on you're home page as soon as you sign in? Because i signed in but couldn't figure out where and how to check that's why.

@Nayan Lama

In the certificates section, you can try to download your Belgian Nationality certificate, if it's approved it will work, if not you'll get an error

@Nothing_serious35

Ok thanks

@Nothing_serious35

So it seems your nationality was approved in under 3 months. Is that correct?

@masstonsils0e

yes true

Following up:

I applied in early March and got the answer in exactly 4 months 2 days.

I saw the nationality certificate when I checked irisbox so I booked an appointment for ID and passport a few days later.

My husband got nationality exactly after 4 months in brussels schaerbeek commune my question is that im currently holding A carte am i able to apply for F carte now because my card will soon expire

@Nothing_serious35 please can you help me out in finding job in english i applied for job in english but they still no respond

@zarminaibrar That is the exact info i am looking for guidance for. I have sent an email to the commune but haven't received info.

If you have asked Schaerbeek commune, please inform here what you get as a reply.

With Regards

@ARMaliq i didn't emailed them my id will be expire on 13 august and will email them for rendez vous and then will definetly ask them for this and will share here

Hello Everyone

This is my situation in regards to my nationality application. I applied on the 14th of March 2024 and after 3months there was still no police control so i contacted the registrar at the gemeente. she made me know that my file was sent on the 19th of March and the parquet have up to 19th of July 2024 to bring their decision. A week ago today was the 19th and i have not received any letter on the decision. what should i do please. I live in Vlaanderen

Did you got art 12 bis upon submission?

@hssn601 I never got that. What is artitle 12bis

This is just confirmation that you have submitted you application for nationality and after 4 months you can expect decision. Today i submitted by application and got this document

@hssn601Yes i did get that

@chaptex24 Have you checked MonDossier? Others have posted that they never actually received a notice, but a nationality button appeared in their MonDossier profile and the went to the commune to request their card.

In my case, when I tried in the evening, my ID was blocked, so I couldn't log in to Mon Dossier. However, the same day morning it worked, but the nationality button was not enabled.

It seems they updated it in the afternoon.

I tried to download the nationality certificate through Burgerprofiel, and it worked.

For people who applied after getting their B card and are having trouble accessing Mon Dossier, they can check through Burgerprofiel. Log in and go to Uw gegevens > Identiteitsgegevens. Check “Ingeschreven in.” If it says “bevolkingsregister,” then your application has been approved, and you are registered as a population. If not, it will show “vreemdelingenregister.”

It's easy, and you can check every day with your mobile.

@masstonsils0e Mine has not appeared.

@shambhu45 Will be doing this. Thanks

@shambhu45 when did you apply please . i mean your time line. i have gone in the burger profile but i cant see the ” gegevens “ and ” innschreven in” you are talking off. or should i go to vlaanderen.be instead

@chaptex24

I use mobile apps, and normally, after logging in, you can see the section “Thema's” > “U en uw gezin.” Below that, under “Uw gegevens,” click on “identiteitsgegevens,” and your details will appear.

I applied on March 12, and on the same day, they gave me a confirmation document. The police came to my house on April 11. I went to the police office for an interview same day, and on June 13, I received Belgian nationality.

My wife also applied on June 24, and the police visited on July 10. She is currently waiting for her decision.

Applied on 26/07/2024, now i see on burgerprofiel my parents data (names) is available so probably they uploaded this information from my birth certificate.

@shambhu45 Thank you and everyone who responded to my message here. I got my positive news from my contact person in the gemeente just this afternoon. ”Proficiat je ben Belg”😊

@masstonsils0e I got approved. thanks

@zarminaibrar Do you already have information on the documents required? please share if you have them. Thanks!

@shambhu45 Thank you and everyone who responded to my message here. I got my positive news from my contact person in the gemeente just this afternoon. ”Proficiat je ben Belg”😊

-@chaptex24

Congrats! Which commune?

@hssn601 Ranst, in Provincie Antwerpen.

@hssn601 Ranst, in Provincie Antwerpen.

-@chaptex24

Did you applied in deurne?

@hssn601 No i applied in Broechem, Ranst

Applied on 26/07/2024, now i see on burgerprofiel my parents data (names) is available so probably they uploaded this information from my birth certificate.

-@hssn601 “When you say your parents data (names) from your birth certificate”. Does that mean that your parents data of birth weren't added as well on burgerprofiel? I'm asking because I already have my birth certificate uploaded over 2 years when I had to get married at the commune. It was a requirement for me to provide a legalized & translated birth certificate to get married. However, on my uploaded birth cert. my parents date of birth weren't added (just blank). I'll be apply for my citizenship once I get my L card later this month.

Applied on 26/07/2024, now i see on burgerprofiel my parents data (names) is available so probably they uploaded this information from my birth certificate.        -@hssn601 “When you say your parents data (names) from your birth certificate”. Does that mean that your parents data of birth weren't added as well on burgerprofiel? I'm asking because I already have my birth certificate uploaded over 2 years when I had to get married at the commune. It was a requirement for me to provide a legalized & translated birth certificate to get married. However, on my uploaded birth cert. my parents date of birth weren't added (just blank). I'll be apply for my citizenship once I get my L card later this month.

-@tunde4elohim

For me it was not there as I never provided them my birth certificate.

@ARMaliq i emailed them and they simply told me to send usual documents which we normal took to commune when my crd A expired

this time they send me email that i have to send the documents by email no physical appointment and after i send document entrange officer will check and than invite me for extention

@ARMaliq did you got any info i will send my husband id along with all documents and write them also that my husband got nationality recently how can i apply for card F

For those who applied and received Belgian Citizenship through L-Card and used your 5 year continuous work status/payslip also as proof of language requirement, social & economic integration. What other documents did you provide besides the Birth Certificate? Or what documents did you submit in general?

@zarminaibrar Hey, Yes, I am informed that F card be applied based on my kid as the requirements are easier. You only need Kids birth certificate and pay an amount and go to commune with your passport.

@ARMaliq i got appointment for card renewal this friday so i think i should take these documents also incase they ask i will give it to them

thankyou gor info

as i emailed them about this but regist didnt answer me back about the f card they only ask for the documents for renewal