Information on housing and good places to live

Hello, I am Lyric.  Living in the US and applying for the Digital Nomad Visa to Malta.  I speak English, very little Italian. I am hoping to connect with other expats and get some information on housing and good places to live. Happy to be here and meet everyone.

@smoothelyric01

Hello and welcome !

Please note that i have created this new thread on the Malta forum from your post so that members may help you.

While waiting for their feedback, feel free to read the articles under the Accommodation in Malta section of the Guide.

All the best

Bhavna

@smoothelyric01 Dear Lyric, While Malta is a tiny island it is very diverse and the neighbouring g town could be very different than the next town. The best option to choose a place to live is to physically come and experience what each area offers. It all depends of what you are primarily looking for. For many, Gozo (which is a much smaller island than Malta) is a Paradise for them. In minutes walkain you can find yourself in the country side and few more on the beach or looking down from a high cliff. Traffic is still managable and folklore is vibrant. Malta has more historical sites and night life. Wish you all the best. Anthony

@smoothelyric01

Welcome to the Forum, it's advisable to visit Malta and Gozo before deciding to move here, also rent somewhere to start off with.  Why Malta?

@GozoMo I am planning a trip to Malta in October.  I chose Malta because of the Digital Nomad Visa and the PR options. Additionally, the flexibility of being a freelance contractor with little to no restrictions on remote.  I am looking to move out of the US and find a more suitable place where I can ultimately retire and live comfortably and peacefully.

@latomilla thank you for such an insightful response.  I am gathering a lot of information for my "move" folder.  I am planning to come in October.  I am very excited.