30% ruling - master in het hoger beroepsonderwijs

Hello, experts!

Can you please help me if you have any kind of background or knowledge of the issue?

I'm younger than 30 years, so I can be applicable for lower ruling threshold per the special rule.

But I'm not sure if master in het hoger beroepsonderwijs can be enough for that rule.

On the governmental site I can't find real disclosure of what master should be to apply for that special rule, so my question is if you know if I can apply for lower threshold for people, younger than 30.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The requirement is that "you have a Dutch academic master's degree", it doesn't elaborate further, but there is much more to this than just having a degree.

The Expatica organisation have explained the requirements in greater depth, this link will take you straight to their website.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic

Hi, Cynic,

Thank you for greetings and response!

I checked their website and there is also nothing said about exact meaning of the phrase..

@CynicHi, Cynic,Thank you for greetings and response!I checked their website and there is also nothing said about exact meaning of the phrase..        -@luxdopeness

These things are not qualification specific, in other words, not everybody with a degree or even with a Masters, or a Doctorate or a Professorship pays 30% less tax - every single one is individually unique to a specific role and the applicant qualifying in all the other requirements.  My advice is to speak to your prospective employer and ask them if the role they are recruiting for has been agreed as qualifying with the Belastingdienst.