I hope to get approved by Gutenberg Uni

Hello, my name is Olga.

I hope to get approved by Gutenberg Uni  and to start my Master's degree October 1. I am 48, I am  a Teacher of English and my plan it to get education in Germany so that I have a right to teach English language, culture and history to German children))  . I would like to live the rest of my life in Germany!

@drummond76 Welcome to the forum - and to Germany!

I hope you will be able to achieve your dreams.

@drummond76 Hi, after attending to a conference about German education system, my understanding was that it is different according to the Lander. For example I have heard that Bavarian is one of the most rigid, traditional system, creating lot of stress on children and parents.

Because of that, there are lot of Germans that decide to study outside Germany. For example there are many German doctors that have studied in Italy, where they can get a better education.

It does not facilitate the improvement of the social status, that s why for example the average number of people getting a degree is pretty constant in Germany.

@drummond76 Hi, after attending to a conference about German education system, my understanding was that it is different according to the Lander. For example I have heard that Bavarian is one of the most rigid, traditional system, creating lot of stress on children and parents.
Because of that, there are lot of Germans that decide to study outside Germany. For example there are many German doctors that have studied in Italy, where they can get a better education.
It does not facilitate the improvement of the social status, that s why for example the average number of people getting a degree is pretty constant in Germany.

-@mimmods12

Not sure where you get these ideas. One can say that Bavaria has a more rigid, traditional culture in general compared to the rest of Germany. But this is nothing extreme and one cannot really make such an assumption about the education system. Germans are the most educated in the world! The German medical education is top notch but also very very competitive. The reason some go to Italy is that they don't manage to get accepted in Germany and look for somewhere it is easier, not better. In other fields, people might go to Italy to experience a different culture. One will NOT generally get a better education in Italy.

@Julien
Hello, my name is Olga.
I hope to get approved by Gutenberg Uni  and to start my Master's degree October 1. I am 48, I am  a Teacher of English and my plan it to get education in Germany so that I have a right to teach English language, culture and history to German children))  . I would like to live the rest of my life in Germany!

-@drummond76

One needs to have a recognized degree in education and have a C1 level of German to teach in a German school. Just getting a master's degree in Germany does not mean one meets the qualifications. In fact, most masters are taught in English and many foreigners doing a masters in Germany find themselves unemployable here afterwards due to a lack of German language skills. Just so you know what to expect.

Hello everyone,

Welcome Olga ^^

Please note that this new thread has been created from your posts on the Germany forum.

Regards

Bhavna