#Norway Skilled Work Visa Refusal

Hello everyone!

I arrived in Norway on 15.01.2024. I signed my full-time contract with my employer on 16.01.2024. On 18.01.2024, I handed in my documents to the local police department and had them sent to the UDI.

While waiting for the decision to be made, on 31.01.2024 I learned that the local police department had approved "early entry into employment" and that I could work until UDI decided. On 06.03.2024, I received a letter from UDI stating that my application was rejected, my work visa was cancelled and I had to leave Norway by 28.03.2024.

Of course I was shocked! The police had approved my documents, but Udi had rejected them. I immediately hired a lawyer and we prepared documents in which we gave answers to the reasons for the refusal.

In this post I will list the things you should not do.

1- You should not add training and certificates that are not related to the sector you will work in to your application file. For example, in my process, I added my bachelor's degree in mathematics to my application file to give general information about my education life, but they counted it as a reason for rejection.

2- You should not provide information and documents about the work you have done in your country that is not related to the sector you will work in.

3- In the employment contract you receive in Norway, sentences stating that you really need to be needed because you come from outside the schengen must be written. For example, in my contract, they counted it as a reason for rejection that "sometimes, in case of need, he can also be a driver by carrying cakes to the branches".

And let's come to my really missing documents...

I'm a pastry chef. I have 7.5 years of work experience. I had this period by working in 2 different companies before. They said that the companies I worked in did not have the documents which trainings I received in the company. They were right.

We created a total of 45 pages of objection documents with my lawyer.

Let's help each other under this post!