Buriram thai baht price per Rai ?

Hello I'm new to this forum and living with my newly pregnant thai girlfriend at her parents in Burriram.

I have a property in the UK that provides some rental but also looking at work I can do remotely as gf's parents have offered some of their land for us to build our own house.

They also know a local landowner who has some land for sale at 300k baht per Rai but I have no idea if this is a good price or not?

Please advise?

Many Thanks

Sam

The first thing you need to know what is the land deed is, only 2 deeds are worth anything. There are so many things that effect prices.

Regards

Denis

Moderated by Cheryl last month
Reason : Advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Be very careful as once u build house on father in laws land it becomes his house. Land price u need 2 check with a farang living their but sounds a bit high for Buriham.

My NZ mate married girl from their built house for them & another house for parents & truck & tractor & worked in food industry in Iraq sending her money & came back & she was pregnant 2 her Thai boyfriend living in his house & he was duly told 2 get lost...

So he left & lost the lot

@Info2831

Hasten slowly Sam

I tend to think you get a better capital return on overseas property rather than buying extra land in Thailand

Thanks for your input guys.

I've also read recently about the new tax law they are looking to introduce in December which would impact trying to bring any capital into the country.

Maybe I'll hold for a bit, hope it gets repealed then take another look at it.

Kind Regards

Sam

@Info2831

Law is and old law, but has been activated to prevent richer Thai from bringing in funds from oversea tax free

There should not be any fear for foreigners bringing in their monthly allowance etc.

Be very careful as once u build house on father in laws land it becomes his house. Land price u need 2 check with a farang living their but sounds a bit high for Buriham.
My NZ mate married girl from their built house for them & another house for parents & truck & tractor & worked in food industry in Iraq sending her money & came back & she was pregnant 2 her Thai boyfriend living in his house & he was duly told 2 get lost...
So he left & lost the lot

-@Arild  Huitfeldt

I happened to see the same thing with a colleague of mine from Europe

House and land for the wife, pregnant, comes home, locks changed and on the couch the Thai boyfriend and father of the child

But the first sentence is misleading. You can own the house on anyone's land, just make sure the tabien baan is in your name, which can only be done in this particular case when land and house are separate. Chanote and Tabien Baan

However you need a lease, like usufruct for 30 + 30 years so the other party cannot block your access

Keep in mind the house will be difficult to sell because of that contractual set-up, which btw is perfectly legal.....  google usufruct

@Info2831
Hasten slowly Sam
I tend to think you get a better capital return on overseas property rather than buying extra land in Thailand

-@info3098

If you read Stickman you will see he has said do not buy property in Thailand  - rent !

A friend tried to sell a stunning house and land in Bangkok and it was so so so hard - no pro-activiity from real estate agents hence selling in regional area would also be very challenging

Why does everyone want to buy a house when a condo is so much easier to own. we have a large 2bedroom 2 bath in Nonthaburi with a great city view and close to the Mall,  restaurants,  hospitals, fresh produce markets and more. We have 24 hour security, a Manager on staff to collect your mail while you're traveling and more.  Then we also have a 100metre beach front condo in Cha Am.  This place is off the beaten path, many villages around, great food, hospitals and food malls are 10 miles away. But so quiet  at night you can hear the waves coming in. Always a breeze and we don't have to use air conditioning.

@Info2831

Hi Sam

It all depends on the whereabouts in Buriram, how close to a main road, ensuring it's not landlocked, and how far from the Electrical supply it is, and most importantly, checking it has the right paperwork (Chanute?) I think that is how you spell it.

as for cost per Rai, you should only be paying Baht 250,000, and that's usually negotiable.

Good luck with the Baby

Cliff & Sao                  Buriram Province.

Check out dotproperty or fazwaz for comparison.  Disregard the posts about foreigners being scammed . Good luck . Terry

@thailand4me Houses are cheaper to run and manage . I wont buy a condo again.

@Arild  Huitfeldt Not true .

@thailand4me

We own a house on 2 rai of land in Cha am, 15 minutes from the beach and hua hin. Rural as can be....

AQI 17..... love it here

My own boutique gym... and beach is close by enough.

No neighbors, no noises other then from birds and night animals or the dog that warns when we have trespassers...

Was no effort to buy land and get house our design,  built for a fraction of what developers ask further up the road for a smaller house that was designed by others

So things can be different....

@Terrymedlicott  How can you say it's cheaper to maintain?  when the condos come with free maitence. And having a house is nothing but trouble,  always looking for someone to do the repairs and theres security when you are away.  Who looks after you home.

@martinoo2002  sounds Great.  we are probably older than you and prefer a condo, lower maintenance and no security problems.  we travel a fair amount and also have another condo in Nonthaburi near my wifes family.  But am happy to hear your plans worked out.

Thanks again everyone for the valuable input I must admit I feel a bit lost over here but trying to learn thai as quick as I can to help me get up to speed.🙏

@thailand4me

Build good no issues... and.dont you pay a monthly fee for all services you mention??

On the security you are correct whe nyou live rural like we do. However  we have a.sign that our.dogs bite first and then barks...plus alarms, cameras almost like a condo1f600.svg

BUT no monthly fee

@thailand4me

Build good no issues... and.dont you pay a monthly fee for all services you mention??

On the security you are correct whe nyou live rural like we do. However  we have a.sign that our.dogs bite first and then barks...plus alarms, cameras almost like a condo1f600.svg

BUT no monthly fee

@thailand4me

67....but wife a little younger

@martinoo2002 we pay 600.00 dollars a year for building maitence,  security, pool maitence,  etc. But everyone I know that has a house is always complaining about problems trying to get someone to repair them. Even the new homes in Hua Hin had big flooding problems in the winter. I get that fact that you have more space to move around and you can have animals, play your music loud, have partys, outdoor kitchens and so on. But for a lot of people in there 70's & 80's they have had all that in there younger life and now just want to enjoy there life without worries. I walk on the beach everyday, exercise in the gym, swim everyday and have been able to keep myself healthy. So am a Happy Camper.  Patrick.