Are there issues with the BestFly site or schedules?

Hi, my name is Peter and I guess I'm an imposter on this forum. My girlfriend's son has been transferred to Dakar for 2+ years with an Australian company and we are visiting them for a few months from May. While in west Africa, we wanted to spend time in Cabo Verde and have booked return flights from Dakar in late May, early June. However, Im having trouble booking internal flights between Praia and Mindelo. I chose flights from the schedule on the BestFly site but receive an error message 15 which suggests that no flights match my entered parameters. Hoping to fly to Mindelo on 30th May, returning on 7th June, and spend time on Sao Vicente and hiking on Santo Antao. Will return to Dakar next year and explore other islands in Cabo Verde.

Are there issues with the BestFly site or schedules? Or is there something I'm missing?

Cheers,

peter

@ticklepmailSite and schedules are OK but there is an issue with credit card payments. As far as I understand it you need a local credit card to pay for your ticket online. Which you do not have. Solution, contact a local travel agency to make your booking. I did that last year. I used Green Line Tours in Mindelo, worked very well. There are others too, just google on agencia de viagens cabo verde. But Green Line tours was quick to respond. You do pay a service fee, I considered that as support for the local economy :)As for the schedules, they do change sometimes. Best to regularly check their website (under horários) once you have your tickets. Cabo Verde airlines is operational too it seems but I have no experience with them. Will try later this year. Website is caboverdeairlines.com

Hi, my name is Peter and I guess I'm an imposter on this forum. My girlfriend's son has been transferred to Dakar for 2+ years with an Australian company and we are visiting them for a few months from May. While in west Africa, we wanted to spend time in Cabo Verde and have booked return flights from Dakar in late May, early June. However, Im having trouble booking internal flights between Praia and Mindelo. I chose flights from the schedule on the BestFly site but receive an error message 15 which suggests that no flights match my entered parameters. Hoping to fly to Mindelo on 30th May, returning on 7th June, and spend time on Sao Vicente and hiking on Santo Antao. Will return to Dakar next year and explore other islands in Cabo Verde.
Are there issues with the BestFly site or schedules? Or is there something I'm missing?
Cheers,
peter

-@ticklepmail

Hi Peter,

Yes there are problems with BestFly. Don't book with them as they are going out of business and have only one aircraft.

Instead book with Cabo Verde Airlines, the national carrier with several aircraft dedicated to the domestic routes. Use the website to easily and reliably book your flights.

Cheers,

Angelo

Thanks Angelo,

I just tried Cape Verde Islands website but there were no flights available on the days that I need. The calendar on their website has no flights to Mindelo from Praia RAI after May 27th and none showing at all from Mindelo VXE. Could that be a website or scheduling problem? Perhaps I should contact a travel agent in Cabo Verde to help. Can you recommend an agent that might be able to help?

Peter

@petersjantje

Hi Peter,

i didn't get past the flight selection so didn't have my credit card checked.

Thanks for responding. cheers,  Peter

@ticklepmail

Well, we both learned something. Thanks to Angelo.

I usually fly to Praia with Azores Airlines. I guess I will see which airline is available for inter-island travel once I´m on Santiago. Or I could take a ferry. Or I just stay on Santiago

Thanks Angelo,
I just tried Cape Verde Islands website but there were no flights available on the days that I need. The calendar on their website has no flights to Mindelo from Praia RAI after May 27th and none showing at all from Mindelo VXE. Could that be a website or scheduling problem? Perhaps I should contact a travel agent in Cabo Verde to help. Can you recommend an agent that might be able to help?
Peter

-@ticklepmail

Hi Peter,

They don't publish the domestic schedule for the next month until much later in the current month. So if you need to travel in May, you have to wait until second half of April before you will find the full domestic schedule for late May to first half of June. And there will typically be multiple flights daily between Praia and Mindelo.

The best local agent in Cape Verde is called Satguru because they serve both domestic and international markets. They also speak English.

Best regards,

Angelo

Ok, thanks for the information Angelo. Are the local travel agents (like Satguru) able to make reservations with the airlines prior to the schedules being published online? If so, I'll book through them. If not, I'll wait. I'm not leaving Western Australia until early May, so should be able to book the return flights before we head off to Dakar.

Thanks again :)

Ok, thanks for the information Angelo. Are the local travel agents (like Satguru) able to make reservations with the airlines prior to the schedules being published online? If so, I'll book through them. If not, I'll wait. I'm not leaving Western Australia until early May, so should be able to book the return flights before we head off to Dakar.
Thanks again smile.png-@ticklepmail

No, they are not able to book anything until the schedule is published. You'll have to wait.

Angelo

Just checked their website, looks like Bestfly is indeed out of business. At least temporarily. Until further notice I guess.

A trick I use is to check the websites of airports. There you can see which flights from which companies are actually arriving and departing. On Lisbon airport there are flights from caboverdeairlines arriving and departing. Same for Praia airport. So it is safe to assume that they will be operational for the next few months. Hopefully longer, since I plan to visit Cabo Verde in September, October. Am planning some inter-island flights too.

Just checked their website, looks like Bestfly is indeed out of business. At least temporarily. Until further notice I guess.
A trick I use is to check the websites of airports. There you can see which flights from which companies are actually arriving and departing. On Lisbon airport there are flights from caboverdeairlines arriving and departing. Same for Praia airport. So it is safe to assume that they will be operational for the next few months. Hopefully longer, since I plan to visit Cabo Verde in September, October. Am planning some inter-island flights too.

-@petersjantje

Hi Peter. Best fly is no longer operating. They permanently closed their doors last week. Cabo Verde Airlines have now returned to operating inter-island flights but with only two ATRs. They also do the international flights but they only have two Airbus/Boeing aircraft for their international routes. So be careful with domestic and international reservations as any minor issue with the aircraft will cause substantial delays or cancelations). Passenger safety comes first so they err on the side of delay/cancellation instead of risking flying.

You can easily reserve your flights and pay with your credit card on their website. Much easier to use that Bestfly's ever was.

Good luck,

Angelo