Niederlassungserlaubnis without Leben in Deutschland test

Is it possible to get Niederlassungserlaubnis and prove that you know German laws without taking Leben in Deutschland test? For example, German level B2 instead of B1, some letters from your employer, I don't know.

The problem is extremely long processing time: I can register for July earliest + 2-5 months waiting for the result.

@zhuk

Nope not how it works. They make rules for a reason and one being in a hurry is not a overriding concern for officials. But the Leben in Deutschland test is almost the exact same as the citizenship test (Einbergerüngstest) which can be used as a substitute. This is offered through all Volkhochschulen and some other institutes. Maybe one can get an earlier appointment with some luck. And the results are supposed to come back within a few weeks in most cases. And one can find a list of all of the possible test questions, with answers, in the internet.

Thank you once again!

I know all that about Einbergerüngstest and questions, and Volkhochschulen just fells like I am over in some cases (B2 > B1), but could not fulfil the only test criteria.

Believe me or not, I could not book neither Einbergerüngstest nor Leben in Deutschland up until July in my region, and in the most recent cases (known through forums/friend) people waited 2-5 months, this is frustrating.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

I have a question here: are Einbergerüngstest and Leben in Deutschland different? I thought they are the same.

I have a question here: are Einbergerüngstest and Leben in Deutschland different? I thought they are the same.

-@lemu kebede

Basically the same. One is supposed to do the Einburgerüngstest for naturalization and the Leben in Deutschland test for purposes like  long term residency permit. I think the citizenship test can be subsitituted for the other. The format and questions seem to be virtually the same.

Thank you once again!
I know all that about Einbergerüngstest and questions, and Volkhochschulen just fells like I am over in some cases (B2 > B1), but could not fulfil the only test criteria.

Believe me or not, I could not book neither Einbergerüngstest nor Leben in Deutschland up until July in my region, and in the most recent cases (known through forums/friend) people waited 2-5 months, this is frustrating.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

-@zhuk

Having a higher level of German than required is great yet not a substitute for the other test. Not the same thing. As important as the language is, it is not the only concern about immigration. People need to have a good grasp of the laws and culture too.