NLV criminal record

Hi everyone,  I am shortly going to apply for my NLV, I got a copy of my acro and I received a 4mth prison sentence for failing to complete community punishment order (stupid I know), I've been told it will be live on my acro for 20yrs. I am recievi

@Markbgregory66

cant see your post after I am receiving

I am receiving conflicting information via Google and forums, I want people's personal experience not opinions on whether I could be accepted.  I have already purchased a property in Murcia/Alicante region and I really want to spend my full time in Spain

@Markbgregory66

I reckon the information is "conflicting" because there's no yes or no answer, it's a "maybe". :-) I imagine they frown more on custodial sentences, recent convictions, and serious crimes... but it depends on what your ACRO says, which consular office is reviewing applications that day, and how convincing your mea culpa is (if you include one).

In particular, you should note that the official application requirement is for 5 years of criminal record... but, sadly, the UK ACRO goes back further. So if you offence is older than 5 years that's a very big plus. It might be helpful if you emphasize how long ago it was, and how minor it was.

I encourage folks to apply anyway. The application is not super difficult or super expensive, and if you want to move abroad you'll have to deal with these issues (criminal record check, residence applications) sooner or later.

Good luck!

Many thanks for your message,  it does appear to be somewhat of a lottery regarding convictions and who is the person approving the NLV, my frustration is even more compounded because I get married on Sunday and I can't apply for the nlv until my marriage certificate is 3 months old, another 13 weeks until I can apply so even more sleepless nights!