New Visa Program for Digital Nomads

Just ran across an article publicizing that Turkiye has introduced a new visa designed with lenient requirements for foreign remote workers.  I hope this helps.

Gino

@Gino_C I am really interested in this, but its a pity i dont qualify as I come from an Asian country.

@Gino_C Main concern do these Nomads pay taxes, I have no job and I do not intend to have (at my age), working from home is fine, but please pay taxes (where ever (also in Turkey). I hate also the YouTubers create a business but I am afraid they do not declare income.

Many digital nomads don't pay taxes in the countries they reside in, as they often pay taxes in their native country and live remotely while spending their earnings abroad. This is why digital nomad visas are attractive for many nations worldwide, as these individuals usually spend a great deal of money, invest, start companies, hire local talent, or buy real estate. For instance, in Turkiye, residents are not required to pay taxes if they hold short-term (touristic) residency and, in most cases, long-term residency. Most people in Turkiye pay taxes only on their rental income, bank dividends, interest accounts, or income earned from working within Turkiye, but not on income earned abroad.

It is quite unusual that there has been no official announcement or any hype from the government regarding the Digital Nomad Visa, especially for a company like Go Turkiye. It could be that they accidentally added the application to the page that has been active since COVID-19 days, or perhaps they are planning to make a major announcement soon as TGA is preparing for the summer. I called embassies and consulates around the world and no one knows anything. I applied myself regardless to see what the process is about. #fingerscrossed.

I am a digital nomad from Turkey. Also renting my apartments for people, sometimes digital nomads too. This topic is related to me in both of the ways.

To get residential permit was hard during the last 3 years in Turkey comparing before. It is good that at least getting easy for digital nomads.

Please update us here. I will be happy to hear more..