VFS FIRST APPT IN DC D7

Couple months ago, got through and saw open slots. My partner and I scrambled on to website. I secured mine at 9 am June 21. She logged on snd tge rest of day was booked but she scheduled Monday at 9am. We thought, excellent when married couples go in they still must schedule separate appointments.

I write them and said we are married have everything filled out and they said no. Because they aren't back to back. I said, you don't have any back to back.

We scheduled our hotel, flights and it's the first appointment of day so we will show up early and stay all day if we need to.

We are flying from Madison.

my hope is they accept our applications together.

Does anyone know if I go in and manage my D7 visa application Ling stay appointment. Can I add family member and add my partner? Or that only for children we do not have?

FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

We bought property in Madeira and have rental lined up for September. HELP! thanks.

We are keeping that appointment and hoping for best.

If they turn us away. We have to fbi check/fingerprints again and VFS appt won't be for months. Grrr

Hi @georgiamitch, Welcome.

I doubt they'll accept the 2 for the same day, as they've been booked for 2 different days. However, try to go both on 21 June. And take the documents for both.

Maybe the person in Washington PT Consulate will be nice and friendly...

Some help here :

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=971460

(Post #4 - USA)

Regards

Yep, that's the plan 

bought airline tickets & hotel 

so do you know or ANYONE know if i can go in and add family member and add my partner/wife is family or is that ONLY for children?