Bulgarian royal family

Just binged this cracking podcast all about who killed the Bulgarian king. The Russians get the blame then the nazis then the finger gets pointed at Churchill.

Never had a clue the Bulgarian royals are realated to our lot. Has anyone been to Varna palace?

@mickeyhart been to Balchik Palace, where a descendant of Queen Victoria lived.

By Varna Palace, do you mean Evksinograd Palace, which is going out of Varna along the coast, by Trakata?  I haven't been there yet, in the plus three years I've lived here - really need to visiting it and take in the history and gardens.

@mickeyhart  By various accounts All ' Royal families are related .Our lot are German'  Sax gotha Coburg !' Something like that. An example of how they operate outside our rules and politics ' in 1946 ' one year after the end of WW2 King George used the British military to go across and assist some fellow German Nazi Aristocracy who were in trouble.This was obviously kept very hush hush ' The infamous comment by Edward the abdicator in the Netflix series The Crown' " keep bombing them they'll give in eventually " referring to his conversation with top nazi leaders during the Blitz. Lets you know what they think of us !.They changed their name to Windsors to deflect from the anti nazi hatred after WW1. One thing I thought so  terrible was during the Russian revolution their relatives ' who were the Christian Royal family of Russia (The Romanov's) needed evacuated to save their lives ' Our lot stalled and did nothing ' The complete family were murdered and buried together in a forest ! . They say Elizabeth can be traced back to the Pharaohs. They are of a different breed to us ' hence the term Blue blood .Send me the link to your podcast mate' cheers .

Queen Victoria to thank for that. I've been to the palace of the Queen  of Romania at Balkech? On the Black Sea coast because that part of Bulgaria was in Romania at one time. It was very nice as where the gardens but it didn't fell like a Palace.

@cyberescue1

Sorry mate I meant Varana Palace.

@georgewheelwright

The Butterfly King Who killed the Bulgarian King? https://www.exactlyrightmedia.com/the-butterfly-king

Mad to think our lot got in with the Nazis! Churchill gets the finger pointed at him too.

Since our lot are related how come they never popped over to Bulgaria?

Thanks for the recommendation Mickey, It sounds good, might listen to it myself.

@CarlS1986 did you find it mate?  I binged the whole series when it came out.

Awesome thanks for recommendation. We went to see a play on it recently in London. It's on in NYC at the moment:

https://nystagereview.com/2024/05/06/th … of-thorns/

Fascinating history. We randomly met Simeon (last tsar of Bulgaria) on a flight going to Sofia. Such a interesting guy to talk to. We also briefly saw his son (who went to the show in London with his family).

@Zooldrool you had a natter with the king? What was he saying.

@mickeyhart

Hi, apologies, I have just seen this reply, I found the podcast, I am yet to listen to it, it's next on my list, I'll probably start in two weeks time (won't get time to start it this coming week), I'll update you when I'm done.

@mickeyhart

He was a very nice guy, very down to earth and friendly. It was on a Wizzair flight!. I just finished the podcast, thanks so much for the recommendation, was excellent.

@Zooldrool blimey the Bulgarian king on a wizzair flight. Thought he was minted!