I intend to go to Philippines

Woody Guthrie's son Arlo had a good song that will take our minds off politics and religion as well as bias input on a non political expat site. The motor cycle song and the pickle really never came into it a bit like the meaning behind "Alice's restaurant".

While some members know restraint and subtlety, others jump the gun and post inappropriate messages and not required.

Hissy fits are for the comfort room not an open forum.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve

@jozica

I'm leaving the U.S. to get away from your kind and I heard Ground Zero Restaurant is destroyed by expats

Just a side note here I never figured out why Ground Zero is so popular with expats in Dumaguete particularly vloggers. The place is an echo chamber due to the high ceiling on one side and frankly lacks ambience. Fairly good coffee but I much preferred Tom Toms around the corner when I was last in town. Problem was their cappuccino machine had broken down :(

Surely an opportunity for an expat to open up an independent coffee/espresso bar serving Illy coffee and deli sandwiches. Mmmm: 'make mine a Ciabatta with salami, peppers, basil, fresh mozzarella with a drizzle of olive oil and turn up that Italian smoothjazz feed from the Amalfi coast ;)

http://95.211.3.65:9235/listen.pls?sid=1

TheCoast.Fm: La prima Radio Smooth Jazz in Italia è arrivata!

Man Lotus, that is smoooth, haha..

We rarely go to GZ, but I have to say their cappuccino is excellent and we often stop if we are in town for banking or BI or similar. Don't care for their food at all.

@mokzeit good luck with your move to the Philippines. Here's a financial planning checklist to help you prepare for your move. I hope it's useful information.

@jozica    Dan – who can't handle it and nobody was even talking to you.
Bob was being humorous but you showed bitterness and a true political agenda. Get off my case.

-@danfinn

Get off your case? What a silly thing to say. Nobody was talking to you. You chimed in, had a major meltdown, went all Dramaguete Diva Dan (again) and made it personal. You brought it upon yourself. I'm not crying, you are. And Bob knows his sarcasm was 100% political and so do you. That's why you liked it.

jnb913 said. . . . mokzeit good luck with your move to the Philippines. Here's a financial planning checklist to help you prepare for your move. I hope it's useful information.

YUP jnb912, thank you for your public service of Spam benefiting you.

@jozica

You have always been a pain in the derriere here and doubt you will be here not much longer if you keep up your rhetoric. Contribute something worthwhile instead of diatribe. Read the Topic mate.

Cheers, Steve.

@jozica
I'm leaving the U.S. to get away from your kind and I heard Ground Zero Restaurant is destroyed by expats

Just a side note here I never figured out why Ground Zero is so popular with expats in Dumaguete particularly vloggers. The place is an echo chamber due to the high ceiling on one side and frankly lacks ambience. Fairly good coffee but I much preferred Tom Toms around the corner when I was last in town. Problem was their cappuccino machine had broken down sad.png

Surely an opportunity for an expat to open up an independent coffee/espresso bar serving Illy coffee and deli sandwiches. Mmmm: 'make mine a Ciabatta with salami, peppers, basil, fresh mozzarella with a drizzle of olive oil and turn up that Italian smoothjazz feed from the Amalfi coast wink.pnghttp://95.211.3.65:9235/listen.pls?sid=1

TheCoast.Fm: La prima Radio Smooth Jazz in Italia è arrivata!

-@Lotus Eater

Sounds good. I enjoy Charles Lloyd, Dexter Gordon, James Spaulding, and the old bossa nova classics - Jobim, Stan Getz - and Robert Drasnin, Les Baxter, Martin Denny exotic mood island stuff. I'm prepared to not like 99% of the food in PH but if I can find a reliable source of good salmon, I'll be fine. My fave music station since 1999 is cinemix.us which is available in PH. Classical movie soundtracks 24/7. Not bad dining music as well ...

jozica said . . . . I'm prepared to not like 99% of the food in PH but if I can find a reliable source of good salmon, I'll be fine.

How do you prepare to not like 99% of the food in the Philippines? Starve?

Instead of the Salmon, try the Bluefin Tuna.   

jozica said . . . . I'm prepared to not like 99% of the food in PH but if I can find a reliable source of good salmon, I'll be fine.
How do you prepare to not like 99% of the food in the Philippines? Starve?
Instead of the Salmon, try the Bluefin Tuna.     

-@Enzyte Bob

Okay, maybe 90%. All veggies and fruit are game. Yes, tuna is okay but salmon I can eat everyday like I do here and never get tired of it.

Said it before Bob "some mothers do have em"

Aside the food here is fine and nary a problem. Find another country if you don't like Filipino food.

OMO.

Cheers. Steve.

jozica said . . . . I'm prepared to not like 99% of the food in PH but if I can find a reliable source of good salmon, I'll be fine. **********************How do you prepare to not like 99% of the food in the Philippines? Starve?Instead of the Salmon, try the Bluefin Tuna.              -@Enzyte Bob

Okay, maybe 90%. All veggies and fruit are game. Yes, tuna is okay but salmon I can eat everyday like I do here and never get tired of it.

-@jozica

Seems we have a tanker, quick to share political views but slow to partake in the local cuisine, some need to get out a little more it seems.

Cheers, Steve.

ous@Enzyte Bob je c

outitile bje vous conseille

@mokzeit palwan is expensive .youfind low budged  area

@jozica    Dan – who can't handle it and nobody was even talking to you.Bob was being humorous but you showed bitterness and a true political agenda. Get off my case.        -@danfinn

Somehow you really screwed up that quote, sir or ma'am (your name tag sounds feminine as does your writing style). I have to hand it to you, if you are a woman you really know hiw to jump in and mudwrestle lol.

@Enzyte Bob

Well said, funny and sad at the same time.