Need E travel on return flight

I'm going to the states soon on vacation.  On my return.  Do we still do E travel

No

Interesting mugteck and my thoughts were the same but my sis and bil flew in from Tokyo 3 weeks ago and frigged around for half an hour in NAIA to gain their e travel passes to get through the system, to the OP I would simply check with the powers that be, good luck and keep us posted with what you find out.

Cheers, Steve.

Singapore was a real pain in the ass about entering and leaving in March, but we did not need it flying from Manila to Singapore.

We flew to Singapore Feb 23 and both our E pass before flying out of Manila and no problems aside from a departure ticket from PH which I had but went through the motions to get my boarding pass stamped to access the flight,,,,,, PAL dropped the ball when we checked in.

We needed E travel both ways but that was over a year ago.

Told my sis to make sure they have an E travel pass,,,,, not required she told me and was held up in Manila for over half an hour to secure, Seems PH. still require.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes, it still needed for arriving Filipino and foreign passengers; and departing Filipino passengers. Very simple process that takes only a couple of minutes.

https://etravel.gov.ph/ thats the official website and not some travel agency trying to get some pesos from you.

@bobbybundok

Excellent advice Bobby given there are many sites out there that will charge you for registering with the mandatory Philippine govt etravel  website. The govt one is free.

I'm going to reinstate it here as many first time travellers to the Philippines will be confused.

https://etravel.gov.ph

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please refer to the following : Links under review
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I concur with the above posts that it is needed, both outgoing and incoming. And just recently they integrated an incoming customs declaration into the online process.

I'm confused. Is this something you need to fill out every time you travel, or is it good once you register?

@bizwizard

Everytime.

@bizwizard

Think of it as the landing cards we had to fill out every time we entered a country, only now it is digital, and you need to fill it out when leaving the Philippines and when entering / returning. I believe that a customs declaration section has recently been added for flights entering the Philippines.

Ben and I did the E travel thing last year and got the Qcode on our phones once, flew out and flew back in and no problems,,,,,, I am not sure how long it lasts and that was only a week out of country so longer term might need to be re accomplished, silly system but we love the paperwork here and keeps the employment rate up.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

The system is evolving and different from last year. Now when you open the app it asks if you are departing or entering the country, with a different workflow for each, and you should complete the process each way. I'm sure it will be different again the next time we travel abroad :-)

@bigpearl

lasts 1 year i was in ph in november didnt fill one in and took over 2 hours to get through control

Yes Rene, My sis and bil flew in from Tokyo a month ago and had the same problem, we waited over an hour in arrivals while they jumped through the hoops.

I did warn her several months prior this was required but she forgot.

Cheers, Steve.

Just an observation but when I completed the etravel document for the first time I actually got an email confirmation from the Philippine govt confirming receipt which frankly blew me out the water.

Filipinos much less govt depts are notorious for not responding to emails 1f644.svg

@Lotus Eater - that's automation for you! The computer responded, not a Filipino.

Filipinos much less govt depts are notorious for not responding to emails 1f644.svg-@Lotus Eater

That is slowing changing. I actually emailed PAGCOR with an inquiry and eventually got a proper answer after it was tossed to the correct person.

I needed the E pass QR code when I left in Jan 2023.  I returned in the fall and did not require it to enter and I did not require it when I left in late April 2024?  As you can see from the different experiences here, things are not always consistent in the Phils, but it is always a great time and friendly people. 

I find if you treat people nice they are happy to help you everywhere including at the airport.

Cheers,

Probably best to fill it out whether they are on or off with it. They may have stopped hassling people returning because it was causing problems with THEIR work, who knows....