Unsure if I want to persuade

Hi everyone! I'm after a little advice please.

I've been talking to a Turkish man for a couple of weeks now and he wants me to come and visit him soon. I've meet this man through the hotel I stayed at and he worked on the bar. There was a miscommunication as he thought I brought my 'husband' on holiday but he was just a friend. I have no problem going back as I love the country but I feel as if he doesn't make any effort. I barely hear from him throughout the day and says he'll facetime at the end of shift but he doesn't. He says only I can make the decision to come back and he's willing to try with me but I'm so unsure. Communication for me is vital especially because we're so far apart. He says he works hard until the early hours of the morning which I have no problem with but surely it only takes 2 seconds to ask how I am or how my day is. Should I just move on or should I give him the chance? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you

@jesslombard96 Turkey is great, no doubt about it, we live here for a number of years.

However if meeting a man through a bar would be a no go I would say.

Of course he is friendly and great, but it is not (for me) the way to meet people (go through your hobbies or job)

@jesslombard96

Althought he could be sincere, I would be careful as some of these hotel workers look for foreign women to get money from them.

Look up love rats in Turkey online.  You can even find videos about it on YouTube.

@jesslombard96 Just google "Turkish love rats" and you'd know not to consider anything serious from a guy in a bar here.

Move on.