Eu citizen

Guys and girls,if im eu citizen I must register in greece to live yes?if im going to search for job in the internet will be it a problem to live more than 3 months?

@david anastasiadis

David,

As an EU citizen, you are entitled to stay 3 months.

If you want to live and stay in Greece (or any other EU country), you have to ask for residency.

However, since they are no "passport control" inside EU borders - meaning with a date stamp that any police officer could "check" during your stay - , you could virtually stay much longer (some would even say for years...).

It's more a mater of taxes, bank account, social rights (healthcare, pension, benefits), employment, and being able to rent housing etc.

Unless you're self employed or paid in "cash",  it could be very difficult to get paid by a greek employer if you do not have a "tax number", which is nothing else than a population ID number. Having this number is almost the beginning of residency...

It will also be very difficult to rent some housing without this number. This number will be required by electricity and gas suppliers etc.

regards,

T.

@ApprentiExpatIts probabably not a good idea to suggest to members to over-stay their ninety days and hope or think they will not be caught,just hide perhaps, and having a tax number is not the beginning of residency,many people have a tax number for various reasons here in Greece,owning a property which they stay in for the ninety days being one of them.Thousands of people would love to over-stay their allowed time,the idea may visit their mind but they know its foolhardy and if caught they may not ever be allowed back again

@concertinaAuthorities do know when we enter and leave a country....cameras everywhere....and that visual information of you/us is stored for any possible future need.

@ApprentiExpat

Overstaying is not good, if caught you will get deported and quit possibly get blacklisted from entering the EU.

I have a little business idea,but I don't know what it will be

@david anastasiadis David,whats your entry status?can you legally be here to run a business?Starting up a business in Greece sure isnt easy especially with possibly little Greek.Of course with so many tourists any tiny hole in the wall food business cant fail as hunger strikes on and off all day.I remember in the town I lived in UK...Brighton, someone opened up literally a hole in the wall on a very busy shopping street,offices etc..they sold the most wonderful fresh made ready sandwiches,loads of fillings,very full and the usual drinks,flap jacks etc...all take away to the park or nearest bench,it was a gold mine,people queued up the road,fast constant turn over,great,when the stomach calls and people dont always want to spend a fortune for their lunch and tourist are also watching the money.

@david anastasiadis David,whats your entry status?can you legally be here to run a business?Starting up a business in Greece sure isnt easy especially with possibly little Greek.Of course with so many tourists any tiny hole in the wall food business cant fail as hunger strikes on and off all day.I remember in the town I lived in UK...Brighton, someone opened up literally a hole in the wall on a very busy shopping street,offices etc..they sold the most wonderful fresh made ready sandwiches,loads of fillings,very full and the usual drinks,flap jacks etc...all take away to the park or nearest bench,it was a gold mine,people queued up the road,fast constant turn over,great,when the stomach calls and people dont always want to spend a fortune for their lunch and tourist are also watching the money.

-@concertina

I think I'll start crypto trading,as I know I have to register as business

@david anastasiadis well,that should be easy enough for you,sounds great,you should get the ball rolling and move into Greece ASAP,you will make a fortune

@david anastasiadis

But are you still only a Georgia citizen?

@david anastasiadis
But are you still only a Georgia citizen?

-@SimCityAT

I'm going to wait to eu unity

they say it will be in 2030 I can wait till this

I'm not going to leave my old parents

@david anastasiadis

I don't want to break your dreams, but EU membership process takes at least 10 to 15 years to complete. Turkey applied in 1987...

@ApprentiExpat

eu   says  it will be in 2030

@david anastasiadis

I would have a read of this.....

https://neighbourhood-enlargement.ec.eu … 4-05-28_en

@SimCityAT I had a read of that and it hardly looks to have a positive outlook as the EU dont like some things going on there and the OK will never happen if some fundamental issues like human rights etc..etc..(if human rights live anywhere) dont improve..change...too many points of disagreement so dont hold your breath on that one.This was for David

@concertina

what to do?

@david anastasiadis I dont know David.everywhere is difficult,times have always been so but it seems particularly hard now as we have too many fronts to deal with.Here in Greece we are on emergency alert for fires,Im at my mountain cottage,very high altitude,beautiful green and I wait to get that emergency text message telling me to evacuate,run from the fire if it happens!The very sad thing is that 75% of all fires here are ARSON,the rest are overhead electric cables,stupid old men burning off garden waste and idiots using power tools.The one near Athens the other day they saw a guy on camera with gas canister etc...So as you say...what to do...hope for the best....

@concertina

Its only June, and in Austria and Hungary we have already had heat warnings, the last week it's been 36°C.

@SimCityAT wow,its unbelievable,I find it hard to get my head around this heat thing,there is talk on the grapevine of greece seeing 50 degrees in july.The danger is tourists who totally underestimate  heat and sun,there is...heat stroke and sun stroke...both can strike at the same time,both are lethal,ten unbrellas wont save you if its boiling hot,I know as soon as my head feels a bit weird like having had alcohol that its imperative to get in and away from heat.And tourists need to drop the bravado of.. oh I can cope with this 18 mile walk back to the hotel..one mile is too much.

guys what about fictive marriage?

@david anastasiadis

Forget it, if found out. You will be deported and banned from entering the EU for life.

The only way to enter the EU is to do it legally by applying for a work visa. You won't have freedom of movement, so you will only be allowed to work in that country. But of course, you could visit other EU countries for holidays like you can now.

@SimCityAT david, are you writing a joke book,I suppose you might come here on holiday and meet the woman of your dreams but it needs to be after five  years unless you will have papa and mama in tow and you need to be stashed in the bank as most greek women look for money not love,for they know that love doesnt pay the bills.I think you must settle for a wonderful 90 day holiday,just have a ball then return to reality.