Menu
Expat.com

Rental Deposit in Antwerp

Last activity 11 July 2024 by ievgenfeldmann

Mutsa Maps

So im a student living in Antwerp and have a feeling i wont get my deposit back. My building is full of non-EU international students like myself and a lot of comments and reviews i have seen online about the real estate company than owns my building is that they never return deposits, especially for international students who after studies will return to their home country.

My lease ends mid September and I know using the last 2 months rent is illegal so what do I do then?

I have since i moved in sent them emails with pictures of any damage that was there since i moved in or caused by the repairmen but they never replied and they never did a pre-move in inventory check.

Since I have 2 months left  until i have to move out, is there a way i can let them know legally that I wont play about my deposit or are there authorities i can inform of what happens at my building in advance?

Thx in advance for the help

Cheryl

Hello Mutsa Maps,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Your thread has been moved to the Antwerp forum.

This will make it easier for you to interact with other members who live there.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

ievgenfeldmann

Did u transfer deposit to blocked account or just bank account of the owner ?

Mutsa Maps

@ievgenfeldmann  paid it to the real estates 3rd party account which is in the name of the company. None of the transfers are done to any individuals account.

ievgenfeldmann

@Mutsa Maps Legally is bs only blocked account !

ievgenfeldmann

@Mutsa Maps its a fake scam..only block accounts...something else means money  bye bye

Articles to help you in your expat project in Antwerp

• Accommodation in Antwerp
    Accommodation in Antwerp

Antwerp is a city with many aspects that welcomes foreigners from all around the world. We'll advise you on ...

• Accommodation in Liège
    Accommodation in Liège

Liège is one of the many French-speaking cities in Belgium. It's also the capital city of the Wallonia ...

• Buying a property in Belgium
    Buying a property in Belgium

The real estate in Belgium has the reputation of being relatively cheaper than its neighbors. We'll give you ...

• Accommodation in Belgium
    Accommodation in Belgium

If you've decided to expatriate to Belgium, housing will be the first thing to do on your list. Here's how ...

• Working in Antwerp
    Working in Antwerp

Antwerp is famous for its harbor and diamonds. It's located in Flanders, north of Belgium. Conditions apply to ...

• A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods
    A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods

A very safe and laid-back city to live and work in, Brussels has many different sides for expats and tourists to ...

• Buying property in Brussels
    Buying property in Brussels

Compared with other European capitals, buying property in Brussels is very affordable. Consequently, it's ...

• Accommodation in Leuven
    Accommodation in Leuven

Leuven is home to a lot of students but also attracts expats because of the companies implemented there. So, where ...

All of Antwerp's guide articles