Menu
Expat.com

Dependent pass status is "need inputs from other agencies"

Last activity 04 July 2024 by daniel2488

daniel2488

Hi, my company's agency applied for my EP renewal and my 2 DPs renewal. My EP was approved in 5 days, my son (2 year old) DP was approved in 4 days, but for my wife DP, it's showing "...need inputs from other agencies to process this application". Both my son and wife DPs were applied on the same by the agency.

If anyone has encountered similar situation, please share your experience and the outcome of the application. Like how long did it actually take for such case? Did MOM request for any additional document during processing time?

Thanks 1f64f.svg

beppi

The question of how long it will take and what the outcome will be has no definiive answer:

MoM takes as long as they like, performs the background checks it sees fit (for a person in working age certainly more than for a kid, thus the longer duration) and the outcome depends on the results of these processes and checks.

The only thing you could do: Ask your employer to send a letter explaining that, without that DP, you would have to leave their employment and that causes severe problems fo the company. This might speed things up - but your own private situation will not!

daniel2488

@beppi Noted and thanks for the reply. For my case, it's the agency that apply for the passes, not from the company. So, i have been directly liaising the pass matters with the agent. Then, should it be the agency or the company to write such letter to the MOM to expedite the process?

beppi

You have a contract with the employer, not the agancy (which is engaged and paid fo by your employer).

The agent would not have any problems with your pass being late or you having to leave your job.

(In addition, MoM prefers dealing with employers directly, because agents often screw things up.)

daniel2488

Hi, just to update on the good news that my wife's DP is approved after 14 days since the application date. Hope this helps some people who encounter the same to calm down and patiently wait for outcome.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Travelling to Singapore
    Travelling to Singapore

Tourism is an important pillar of Singapore's economy, and the country often portrays itself as an Asian ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Customs in Singapore
    Customs in Singapore

Singapore strictly enforces its customs policies. Whether you're traveling to the country for a short period ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

All of Singapore's guide articles