Golf !!!

Simply out of interest, does anybody play golf here?... despite there being only the one course!...

I haven't even picked up a club for 2 years :(

J.

at 60-70 euros a round!!!!!!!

and for a course on par with a municipal course in the UK. I wouldn't waste my wedge.

yeah and that doesnt include the club fees either for joining..here it is a very wealthy mans sport...LOL i had heard from a young man that works there as a pro trainer - the joining fees are four figures......

Yep, over 3k per year to join, by invitation and committee, then you have to pay per round. 

My Dad is a dedicated golfer but refuses to join this club because of their 'we're so exclusive' behaviour and their huge fees for a course that is not worth that kind of money.

Probably cheaper to start the scuba diving....
x

I can do some great deals on Scuba Diving training ;)

And just to let you all know we now have a colony of Seahorses in our training bay.... which means that anyone that is doing training and/or just wanting a dive can see these amazing creatures.... at the last count we had 4 but 1 of the Males are carrying young :) ..... looks like i might have hijacked a thread here ... oops

J.

Hi Julian, might have to take you up on that when I get back... but going to get a bit of golf and a 'fill up' of my clay shooting whilst I'm back in the UK...

Mike

Clay Shooting can be arranged here in Malta Mike.... Give me a bell when your back and i can see if i can get something organised ;)

J.

Yes.. I do shoot here (all duly licensed) but they only really shoot the DTL /Trap disciplines here and I tend to shoot (well try) the sporting variants! But if you are up for it when I return... I'll be there!!!

scubaboy wrote:

I can do some great deals on Scuba Diving training ;)

And just to let you all know we now have a colony of Seahorses in our training bay.... which means that anyone that is doing training and/or just wanting a dive can see these amazing creatures.... at the last count we had 4 but 1 of the Males are carrying young :) ..... looks like i might have hijacked a thread here ... oops

J.

OMG  thats sounds like heaven..

It is ;)

J.

My local gun club on Trig ir Ramla here does Trap Shooting and any other shooting you like. Although they think importing a AA-12 might prove difficult http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c Maybe an underwater golf course would be safer, plenty space for it, Jim

Back to topic... so we have established that 'the' golf course is out of bounds for mere mortals and probably not of great value anyway... but is there then simply a golf driving range or driving nets anywhere?

cant say ive seen them either...theres probably a monopoly.

Hi,

the golf club has a nice website!
And according to that they do have a driving range and training facilities.

http://www.royalmaltagolfclub.com/page- … ?pageID=11

The pictures look ok but I can't judge it myself.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Ricky... just looked at their range pricing as well ... I'm obviously in the wrong business!!!

but as an aside, have a look at this from my spiritual home of Adelaide (Australia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb6h0tyezTs

I've been to this place a time or two (!) and it never ceases to amaze me...

Mike

absolutely :)