UK Credit Cards stopped

My U.K. bank has just wrote to me and they have cancelled my last remaining UK credit card which I have had for over 20 years. They have given no explanation and as far as I can find they have no obligation to do so. This is probably because for the last 10 years I only use the card periodically and when I do I always clear the balance so I am never charged interest.

Has anyone ever applied for a Credit Card from Hellenic Bank. If so how did you go about it and what was the result.

i only ever use a credit card for booking flights, hotels, hire cars etc.

Might be a result of you not being a UK resident. I heard that due to Brexit this causes issues with European residences as the financial links have been broken. I looked at a Hellenic CC and they charge a monthly fee. As I still have UK CC's and no credit rating in Cyprus I was not interested. I use the UK cards when I need to pay in GBP and as these are CC's there is a measure of security should the seller not supplier with the chargeback scheme. Not sure if Hellenic offer the same safe guards. I used the chargeback a few times with web site purchases. eBay and Amazon are not an issues as their refund policy is very good. I would be interested in how it goes if you go ahead with it.

The last time I researched credit cards here I found they operated on the same basis as Malta in as my that your credit limit had to be covered by an extra deposit to their accountS ..  IE  if You wanted a credit card limit of say €1200 then you had to maintain a MINIMUM  level of €1200 in your account...

Am hoping Revolut will bring out a credit card here as they have done with some other countries..

@phildraper It's not because I moved here. I spoke to the bank before we left they said it would be fine.  I even passed all the know your customers checks they did last year. I did have a barclaycard and they did close my account when we moved here.

@ToonAm seeing so much on ths site not worth replying to. Yes both WISE and REVOLUT  will be bringing out CC's but will need to put a deposit on the amount required. I have AMEX and have had it for 15 years. Last year they asked for a NOMINAL deposit               ( because i screamed) they back tracked but gave them the nominal. So example it is 10 against 100.  Fine it is the way of the world right now. Let us get on with it.

@MacGeorge8035

It is because you are NOT a resident. Have you not followed any of the news?

@SimCityAT I don't have to be a resident to continue to us a credit card i had for over 20 years before i left the UK. Prior to moving i did my due diligence with the banks and was told yes you can keep your card when you move. i did the same check with Barclaycard and they told me my card would be cancelled once we moved.

@SimCityAT I don't have to be a resident to continue to us a credit card i had for over 20 years before i left the UK. Prior to moving i did my due diligence with the banks and was told yes you can keep your card when you move. i did the same check with Barclaycard and they told me my card would be cancelled once we moved.

-@MacGeorge8035

I suggest you google it, despiste what you were told.

Revolut given UK banking licence after three-year wait Regulator's decision paves the way for Revolut eventually to start offering loans and overdrafts to its nine million customers in Britain

@telf

Took a while but it's now done

https://www.cityam.com/revoluts-long-wa … NPuIOkhWqg