International School and Visa

How do I go about applying for a Visa that will allow my kids to attend International school in Vietnam for a full school year? Thank you in advance :)

Based on your name, you and your children should be be eligible for a VEC (Visa Exemption Certificate.)  Your whole family may need to do a "visa run" every 90 days but that should be manageable.  There used to be a sticky thread on the VEC'.   You should be able to find it with the site search function.

Are you aware of the cost of international schools in Vietnam?

Based on your name, you and your children should be be eligible for a VEC (Visa Exemption Certificate.)  Your whole family may need to do a "visa run" every 90 days...
    -@THIGV

VEC allows 6 month stays

... There used to be a sticky thread on the VEC'....    -@THIGV

I believe it was this one.

... There used to be a sticky thread on the VEC'....    -@THIGV

I believe it was this one.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Yes that's it.  I really don't think it should have been unstuck.   I think the criteria was that were so few new posts but that did not take into account how many reads it had.  Thanks for looking it up.  I hope Ms Tuyen finds it useful.

... There used to be a sticky thread on the VEC'....    -@THIGVI believe it was this one.         -@Aidan in HCMC

Yes that's it.  I really don't think it should have been unstuck.   I think the criteria was that were so few new posts but that did not take into account how many reads it had.  Thanks for looking it up.  I hope Ms Tuyen finds it useful.

-@THIGV

I disagree.

It's a very old thread started in 2014, dormant since 2021, with a plethora of rabbit holes which inquirers need to avoid, especially since COVID restrictions on 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificates have been lifted.

I would prefer to see that thread locked but remain for historical reference with a new (sticky?) thread started (Aidan?).

Besides, the information on eligibility and requirements is available on the website of the San Francisco Consulate of Vietnam (easily translated to English with Chrome Translate or Google Translate), on this non-governmental website often referenced by Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites in the USA and on the website of the USA Embassy of Vietnam.

Let's please save people the useless work of sifting through irrelevant and outdated information and ask admin to start a new sticky thread.

IMHO 🙏