David from Colorado

Hi ALl,

Im David I am single and 61 and retired. Just starting the search for a place to live and move to Phnom Penh. I am looking for a place to retire that is tropical like and away from the stupidness of the USA. I am liberal and low key. I dont drink or smoke and like pretty much everything.

@ColoradoDave

Hello 👋

Im David I am single and 61 and retired. Just starting the search for a place to live and move to Phnom Penh. I am looking for a place to retire that is tropical like and away from the stupidness of the USA. I am liberal and low key. I dont drink or smoke and like pretty much everything.

-@ColoradoDave

Hey Dave,

Cambodia is perhaps the easiest country in Southeast Asia to retire in long term, with one-year visa extensions available. The cost of living here is low.

However, it is still a developing country, and is very tropical. We're well into a very wet rainy season after several months of scorching heat and high humidity. Hope you're not into winter sports. :D

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Phnom Penh (or any big cities). You might want to look into Siem Reap, Battambang, Kampot, etc.

If you have any questions, you can post hem here.

There's a lot of info in this section though, so you might want to read it first:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/cambodia/

Hey David. Been living in Siem Reap for two years now. Really enjoy the city. Best thing is to get here and tour around. If you arrive in Phnom Penh and want the retirement extension easy with Kim. I'd not make a decision until you see the places. Siem Reap now in rainy season. Lately we have had beautiful mornings and very rainy afternoons. If you enjoy going for walks or bike rides cannot think of a better place. Lots of wonderful sidewalks and bike lanes here. 

Take care.