Being in VN makes paying bills etc difficult.

It seems most websites I normally pay my bills block me when I click the link to pay.

Right before I left I was greeted with a letter from the IRS, informing me that I owed them money but the websites there also blocked the page from opening.

When I lived abroad before this was a minor problem and I think I used the BRAVE browser to get around it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It seems most websites I normally pay my bills block me when I click the link to pay.
Right before I left I was greeted with a letter from the IRS, informing me that I owed them money but the websites there also blocked the page from opening.

When I lived abroad before this was a minor problem and I think I used the BRAVE browser to get around it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

-@Dannyroc3

We use VPNs

Agree about using VPNs, but I wonder if the consulate would accept payments to the IRS.

First, set up a VPN back to your "home" country.  ExpressVpn, NordVpn, protonVPN, are a few good ones. I think Brave had one or could easily add one which is why it may ave worked in the past.

Second, point the VPN back to your home country and you will find 99-100% of financial transactions will work. Even the IRS. A lot of organisations would analyse  your overseas IP address as spam or fraud if not local to the home country.

I think Aidan remarked a while back that FPT Internet has a built-in (included?) Virtual Private Network

I use NORD

@OceanBeach92107

They sell a VPN service at, according to their site, 3K VND a day.

@OceanBeach92107
They sell a VPN service at, according to their site, 3K VND a day.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Is that a good price ? Seems to me some yearly fees with ExpressVPN could turn out as cheaper ?

@OceanBeach92107They sell a VPN service at, according to their site, 3K VND a day.        -@Aidan in HCMC

Is that a good price ? Seems to me some yearly fees with ExpressVPN could turn out as cheaper ?
       -@rogergarinmichaud

Might be, I'm not sure.

12¢ a day is pretty cheap though.

@OceanBeach92107They sell a VPN service at, according to their site, 3K VND a day.        -@Aidan in HCMC

-@rogergarinmichaud

Price is only one consideration.

@OceanBeach92107They sell a VPN service at, according to their site, 3K VND a day.        -@Aidan in HCMCIs that a good price ? Seems to me some yearly fees with ExpressVPN could turn out as cheaper ?       -@rogergarinmichaud

Might be, I'm not sure.
12¢ a day is pretty cheap though.

-@Aidan in HCMC

When you put it this way... LOL

I am still not used to spending thousands and millions of currency units  sorry !

@Aidan in HCMC Could mean they have a right collect details of traffic for sale. Free versions  of AVG/AVAST have it in their fine print.  Check reputation and fine print.

Someone up stream mentioned PROTON and since I already had a email there I went and took on the free level of VPN, I used it once and so far it worked for the minimal use I tried.

Opera browser also has a built in VPN although its annoyingly slow.

ClearVPN is a very good service, and easy to use. Dosen't slow down the internet connection.

@Dannyroc3

Yep... VPN's is the best way to use when you are oversea... it will cost you little tho, but it's a good software to have.

I am late to this thread but if the OP needs to pay the IRS you can pay through the phone app IRS2GO.  I've done it when I was living in Vietnam and had to pay for my federal filing.

@SteinNebraska Where were you a month ago when I needed to make a unexpected payment :)

Instead, I had to bribe a family member to get the money and pay it for me. :)

Oh wait, that might not of worked because they required me to sign a statement affirming their change in my taxes so it had to be mailed anyway.