Considering an Opportunity in Jeddah

Hi All,
I'm trying to make the most educated decision to move to Jeddah therefore want as much info as possible. We are a family of 3 with a pre-teen daughter. We would live on a compound Arabian homes....but not much else is known. Are there any pics of the compounds....I have found very little on the net and most don't seem recent. In info on the schools you could share would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Check your inbox. I sent you some info on the compound.

Hello Saboodles 12
Arabian homes have many compounds the best is Sierra followed by Andalus then the rest.   I assume the company will provide the housing for you if not I would try Sherbatley as they are a better choice for the kids.  Best amenities in town and less costly than Arabian Homes.
I lived in Arabian Homes Sierra Village (their largest) when I first came here with Turner International.  It is a nice enough place basically two story US style townhouses around courtyards with pools.  Amenities are good and they have things to do to keep busy. Bowling Alley, game rooms, restaurant, small store, library, movie store, etc.  They have trips everyday to shopping malls and to other activities so you wont go crazy.
School is another thing as an American you can get the kids into the American School right away.  Make sure the company pays for the education as you are looking at around $10-12,000 US per child.   Hope this helps

Thanks Alon! Very helpful! Also thanks for my inbox messages!

You are most welcomed saboodles 12.

If possible try to get into Sierra compound. Right next door to AISJ

Why do you like Sierra? I have heard good things about it so very curious!

Well if you're coming from America your kids will probably attend the American school if I'm correct. AISJ is adjoining to that compound. More western people there too which makes a huge difference. Also have heard it's the best. Not Sharbatly actually.

Hope that helps.

Yes thanks I will take any and all help! :):)

hi!
I live in Sierra also, and also heard (and think) it's the best of Arabian homes (restaurant inside & bigger than the other).
I didn't check all other compounds, but I definitly have a good feeling with this place...
++

there is so much to gain and nothing to lose. the only problem is that being a woman you are not  allowed to drive.
Arabian homes is one of the best compounds here in Jeddah so i am sure you will like it
it is similer to sharpatly or sharbatly compound you can google that one.
jeddah is more liberal than the rest of saudi and ther is a lot to do here.
I lived in Dammam for 4 years and been in Jeddah for one month so far
better here beleive me
if you like scuba diving , fishing or going to the beach , this is the place to live in
join Jeddah advanture club on face book . there are lots of expats and locals that will give you the information you need
all the best
zack

Thanks Lolille & Zack!
I will check out the fb page too!

Dear Saboodles12
It is not were one wants to live here.  It is availability unless the company already has the unit and will provide for you.
I lived in Sierra in a Company Unit when I first came here.  I left for another job and had to leave the unit.  I was put on a waiting list for Sierra or Andaluz but was told probably a year before anything came up I have still not received the call 2 years later.  I was also put on a waiting list at Shabartly and again was told 9 months maybe, never heard from them again.  After calling over 20 compounds and being told no availability I ended up at Lotus IV. Lotus IV is nice enough better and cheaper units than sierra but not as good on ammenities.  They did not return my deposit after I left so I am not happy with Lotus IV.  I suggest if you are getting the unit on your own get on the waiting list of various compounds as there are no assurances that a unit will be available.  If the company is providing the unit in Sierra Village you will be perfectly fine.  Sierra/Arabian Homes is one of the most expensives here.  Al Basantin is also excellent but even more expensive.  Sharbatly comes in after them in quality but about $5000/$10,000 per year cheaper for equivalent size units.  Lotus IV is also in this lower category.  Lotus IV provides furniture and utilities at no extra charges.  The others hit you for furniture charges  and monthly utilities.   If I am renting out of my pocket Arabian Homes and Al Basantine are not worth the extra money.  If the company is providing I would definetly choose them. Good Luck.

We have been told we have a  place and not to worry. But can't help to worry!
Thanks for more great info, Alon!