Information / assistance required re: accommodation & schools

Hello. I have recently been sounded out for a possible job in Malta. The company has its office in Sliema. I know nothing about Malta at all, therefore I am looking for a little help/direction. I am married with 2 daughters aged 3 & 6. My first 2 questions are 1. Which are the best areas I should be looking to rent accommodation? 2. What are the options for schooling in respect of my daughters within this area? I have carried out a little online research but some feedback/help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob,

welcome to the forum.

You have a whole bunch of questions in your post. Feel free to go through posts on the forum for the last 6 months or longer as many have been addressed already.

Depending on the j ob and salary living in the Sliema/St. Julians area is great but not cheap. Doesn't sound as if your wife wife will be working with two young children to look after. 'Best' area depends on what you are looking for - sea,parks, culture,quiet,nice place and so on .....

Your 6 year old will be starting school and your 3 year old might be visiting a kindergarten. Are you considering private schools or will your daughter be visiting a public school? It is always a difficult and potentially costly decision.

Check out the schooling threads for different opinions on the issue.

Cheers
Ricky