Menu
Expat.com

DIGRESSION THREAD!!

Last activity 27 March 2014 by HRGuru

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Landed in the Magical Kingdom !! Happy to be here. Its been a nice experience for the past two days. Was out of the airport in just ten mins !!

You made it!  You're soon to find out that the best thing about Riyadh is  this forum lol.png

Naveed Nawaz
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Landed in the Magical Kingdom !! Happy to be here. Its been a nice experience for the past two days. Was out of the airport in just ten mins !!

You made it!  You're soon to find out that the best thing about Riyadh is  this forum lol.png

i think he's in dammam..

LoopyLou87

Digression ... I took a dead bush to the compound office a few weeks back because for months they wouldn't change them. Now for 3 weeks I as for the grass to be cut ... I think I may be pulling this up to drag the office as well nothappy.gif

You would think it would be normal cmpound management to keep the place looking resonable ... But hey it's Saudi

Alliecat
LoopyLou87 wrote:

Digression ... I took a dead bush to the compound office a few weeks back because for months they wouldn't change them. Now for 3 weeks I as for the grass to be cut ... I think I may be pulling this up to drag the office as well nothappy.gif

You would think it would be normal cmpound management to keep the place looking resonable ... But hey it's Saudi

I've heard horror stories of security walking off because THEY haven't been paid in mos. so I guess it would be worse?

TheLegendLeads

Does sushi re-appear either? whistle.gif

Alliecat
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Does sushi re-appear either? whistle.gif

That's just a programming glitch mad.png

You know I'm right!

Alliecat

Hey you know what I've been meaning to say?  How much I LOVE the variety of vegetables available in this country due to all the different nationalities.  Always fresh and reasonably priced.  I love it!  (almost enough to become a vegetarian but not quite lol.png )

Freshlikesushi

me eat meat.

Alliecat
Freshlikesushi wrote:

me eat meat.

Okay, Tarzan tongue.png

Alliecat

I probably know a lot more than you think I know about computers/programming/etc. wink.png

TheLegendLeads

I got pleasantly surprized when you too noticed the file name to determine that it's intended to be a *candy*. tongue.png

yes, you are right. It'a a closed loop in programming smile.png

Freshlikesushi

repeating gifs are better when there are other items involved

Freshlikesushi

The Juke-R is being made!!!!
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/nissa … 41990.html

Alliecat
Freshlikesushi wrote:

The Juke-R is being made!!!!
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/nissa … 41990.html

Cool site.. there is also "3 tips to lose belly fat"  lol

Freshlikesushi

Tip 1
buy juke r
tip 2
do 4 trackdays a month and sweath your ass off
tip 3
run to your car every day to drive it

win

Abu_Adel
Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Abu_Adel wrote:

Alliecat ==> candy%20taster.gif

This candy-taster icon is somewhat funny. She eats it and it comes back again.

An example of:
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
--- Benjamin Franklin

wink.png

You need to think about this, TLL.  Why would I be eating candy with chopsticks?  It's supposed to be SUSHI even though somebody named the image 'candy.'

Definitely sushi it is, and we know Alliecat being nostalgic about her favorite US sushi a few topics ago, this explain that tongue.png ( sorry for my English, in french it's sounds better !)

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

This candy-taster icon is somewhat funny. She eats it and it comes back again.

An example of:
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
--- Benjamin Franklin

wink.png

You need to think about this, TLL.  Why would I be eating candy with chopsticks?  It's supposed to be SUSHI even though somebody named the image 'candy.'

Definitely sushi it is, and we know Alliecat being nostalgic about her favorite US sushi a few topics ago, this explain that tongue.png ( sorry for my English, in french it's sounds better !)

Sure, I knew that's what you were referring to!  TLL just got thrown off by the gif tag tongue.png

Abu_Adel
TheLegendLeads wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Hey! Good to know. How they say/write thatin Arabic:

مرحبا بكم في المملكة العربية السعودية
Welcome to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Bienvenu en Arabie Saoudite !

smile.png

Did you see that TLL ?! you already starting to speak French, I am the best french teacher in the magic kingdom cool.png

TheLegendLeads

Ah... you modified my text....CHEATING!

Abu_Adel

Me ? gloria.png no way Alliecat would have killed me if I did! unsure.png

Don't be afraid about your growing skills whistle.gif

ghanshyampdave
Naveed Nawaz wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

i think he's in dammam..

yes, i'll be living and working in dammam. Might travel to dubai occasionally.
I guess allieact was inviting for some coffee tongue.png

TheLegendLeads

If you are talking about Dubai, Alliecat lives in Riyadh not Dubai.
And if you are expecting an invitation in Riyadh, Saimans is the one sending bogus e-invitations tongue.png

Alliecat
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Saimans is the one sending bogus e-invitations tongue.png

24.gif

Freshlikesushi

on track for june to be in the kingdom. Still gotta pick up a projector, and my packing will be complete.

Alliecat

Hey Sushi, look at this email I got:

http://monstercooljobs.com/marussiaf1team/US-EN/

Your DREAM job, I think!

Freshlikesushi

i learned a whlie ago, dont mix passion with work. Makes you not want to pursue your passion after said work.

while will be cool, my time working for a race team just on the weekends in japan made me realize it sucks

Alliecat
Freshlikesushi wrote:

i learned a whlie ago, dont mix passion with work. Makes you not want to pursue your passion after said work.

My experience has been the opposite smile.png

Aminstar2
Alliecat wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

My experience has been the opposite smile.png

I agree with Allie!

saimans
TheLegendLeads wrote:

And if you are expecting an invitation in Riyadh, Saimans is the one sending bogus e-invitations tongue.png

No Bogus e-parties / parties !! People don't show up or turn up after so many discussions and confirmations, that the whole idea becomes fictitious.

How about catching up for the game of squash (not e-squash lol.png), try to take out some time from your busy schedule !!!

saimans
Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Saimans is the one sending bogus e-invitations tongue.png

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

cheers.png I don't mind If you guys are having a hearty laugh at the cost of me !!!

Alliecat

Digression RANT:  I am getting sooooooooo annoyed with the people these days (and there seems to be more and more) who just barge into the forum and ask their questions without taking five minutes to look at pre-existing discussions.

This doesn't take a genius to read prior threads and it has nothing to do with how accessible the forum is set up.

What it has to do with is lazy-ass people who think everybody is here at their disposal!

If these people can't even read a forum to find what they need, how in God's name do they survive day-to-day in our information laden world??

Whew!  I feel much better now smile.png

RedGoblin
Alliecat wrote:

Digression RANT:  I am getting sooooooooo annoyed with the people these days (and there seems to be more and more) who just barge into the forum and ask their questions without taking five minutes to look at pre-existing discussions.

This doesn't take a genius to read prior threads and it has nothing to do with how accessible the forum is set up.

What it has to do with is lazy-ass people who think everybody is here at their disposal!

If these people can't even read a forum to find what they need, how in God's name do they survive day-to-day in our information laden world??

Whew!  I feel much better now smile.png

Well.. to be fair.. This being Saudi and all, when it does come to rules and stuff, it change from morning to noon to the next day. But yeah I know what you saying. reading the same questions over and over again...

Aminstar2

Digression: Once I asked a Saudi friend of mine who was rushing: Why are you in a hurry? I want to arrive home as soon as possible, watch TV as much as possible and then sleep as much as possible he answered.

RedGoblin
Aminstar2 wrote:

Digression: Once I asked a Saudi friend of mine who was rushing: Why are you in a hurry? I want to arrive home as soon as possible, watch TV as much as possible and then sleep as much as possible he answered.

Not much else to do here is there?

Aminstar2
RedGoblin wrote:
Aminstar2 wrote:

The point is why to rush then?!

Aminstar2
RedGoblin wrote:
Aminstar2 wrote:

I barely watch TV here, and not every day. When I leave work I don't usually come straight home, I usually go out socializing with friends, and that is what keeps me alive in this country.

Alliecat
Aminstar2 wrote:

I usually go out socializing with friends, and that is what keeps me alive in this country.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Now, if I was at home, I'd be out socializing and drinking margaritas!!!

Feliz-Cinco-de-Mayo-Sombrero-band.gif
(That's saimans in the middle, dancing lol.png)

RedGoblin
Alliecat wrote:

Now, if I was at home, I'd be out socializing and drinking margaritas!!!

Well since you are here, looks like you will have to make do with apple juice..

TheLegendLeads
RedGoblin wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Now, if I was at home, I'd be out socializing and drinking margaritas!!!

Well since you are here, looks like you will have to make do with apple juice..

smile.png Add some spice @RG. Give Saudi Champaign a shot.

saimans

OMG Saiman was giving a bogus invitation, how you know , did you tried going for a coffee tongue.png?

TheLegendLeads wrote:

If you are talking about Dubai, Alliecat lives in Riyadh not Dubai.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles