ghanshyampdave
shy_star wrote:
shy_star wrote:

cos the legend still stalks???

you the copy cat. lol. tongue.png

What are you talking ????? mad.pngroll.pnglol.pnglol.pnglol.pnglol.png

ghanshyampdave

I certainly didn't pick it from there.. It's there in his username smile.png

I stalked you a little. That was just to make sure I'm safe (and not getting hammered by you). But I didn't go on reading all your posts tongue.png

saimans

It seems I'm going thro an Instant messenger !! smile.png

ghanshyampdave
saimans wrote:

Then, you might be stalking some one again. whistle.gif

saimans
ghanshyampdave wrote:
saimans wrote:

lol.pnglol.png Not me, I'm still a beginner at it... We have experts here to do that professionally !!

ghanshyampdave
saimans wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
saimans wrote:

lol.pnglol.png Not me, I'm still a beginner at it... We have experts here to do that professionally !!

You mean the SXOs & all ? (Is it OK now ?)

saimans
ghanshyampdave wrote:

You mean the SEOs & all ?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!! No expose here......tongue.png

shy_star
ghanshyampdave wrote:

I stalked you a little. That was just to make sure I'm safe (and not getting hammered by you). But I didn't go on reading all your posts tongue.png

dumbom.gif hahaha, well there you go. for old times sake.

ghanshyampdave
shy_star wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

dumbom.gif hahaha, well there you go. for old times sake.

Only for old times sake ?

No hammering for stalking you ?

shy_star

http://www.google.com.sa/imgres?q=black … 66&bih=632

thats for the stalking...

ghanshyampdave
saimans wrote:

Got your point. Curtailed myself. And informed the concerned through PM.

Alliecat
Alliecat wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

I vaz totaly igno red. =_=

You can't show up after neglecting us for a year and expect a hero's welcome!! mad.png

BTW...I was joking.  Good to see you, Salman cheers.png

ghanshyampdave

Corporate Culture:

corporate-culture-reviews.jpg

Salman Omrani
Alliecat wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

I vaz totaly igno red. =_=

You can't show up after neglecting us for a year and expect a hero's welcome!! mad.png

BTW...I was joking.  Good to see you, Salman cheers.png

For a moment there I thought I was outcast. sigh. thanks Expat club VP tongue.png

shy_star

today i told these two girls at work (very proudly ofcourse) 'hey its Nelson Mandelas birthday today. Their response: 'who's that? neutral.png is he a singer an actor? is he someone famous? blink.gif

Abu_Adel
shy_star wrote:

today i told these two girls at work (very proudly ofcourse) 'hey its Nelson Mandelas birthday today. Their response: 'who's that? neutral.png is he a singer an actor? is he someone famous? blink.gif

I bet they are American!

Alliecat no offence roll.png

shy_star

ooooh someone is cruising for a bruising. dumbom.gif

Abu_Adel

haha ... Who don't know the legendary Nelson.
And let the hammer for the Cat !

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:

I bet they are American!

Okay, so as not to disappoint you:

dumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gif

Alliecat
shy_star wrote:

Actually, it could have been any nationality.  It seems that with all the emphasis on technical skills and job training, small things like .... WORLD HISTORY ... aren't being learned any more. 

You guys should know by now how highly I think of Saudis, in general--I know many warm, wonderful, smart people.  But a lot of the time, if you start talking about anything before their lifetime or out of Saudia, you've lost them.

I was talking to a smart, educated guy the other day and wanted to make an analogy to Germany's role in WW2.  His face was an absolute blank.  I asked him if he knew what I was talking about, and he replied, 'A bit' (and it wasn't a language issue.  It was a 'not knowing anything about history and maybe not even caring' issue!).

But what I said above may be true any place (if a movie hasn't been made about it starring  Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson).

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Alliecat

487289_447514518616553_311793556_n.jpg

Alliecat

When I first got to KSA,  I was very excited with all the talk of riding around in LIMOS!!!  Then I found out a 'limo' is just a private car, as opposed to a taxi mad.png

Western limo:

limo1.jpg

Saudi limo:
?1322861615

Abu_Adel
Alliecat wrote:

When I first got to KSA,  I was very excited with all the talk of riding around in LIMOS!!!  Then I found out a 'limo' is just a private car, as opposed to a taxi mad.png

Hahaha, it makes me remember my first day too, someone approaches me and say "need a limo?" I say "no certainly not!" thinking it was definitely a tourist trap!

I was disappointed to understand after a few days mad.png

TheLegendLeads

smile.png Such usage of other names always has stories behind ans are never co-incidental.

For long long time, one question kept sticking in my head: "Why is gasoline called benzene in common (say slang) Arabic". The curiosity lived long. I asked many Arabs but got no convincing answers. One fine day, google helped. I found a page from a book written in 1922 justifying why benzene was still much better fuel for car internal combustion engine in comparison to newly discovered petroleum family members (diesel and gasloline). Ah...mystery solved. But strange, right?

Limo must have a similar story; I'm sure big_smile.png

Alliecat

@TLL  for years, benezene was very commonly used as a solvent in the USA--it was very effective for 'cutting' oil-based products.  For example, it was commonly used for cleaning paint brushes that had been used with oil-based paints (almost all US paints are now water-based but they still use oil-based here in KSA--it freakin' reeks for days when an apt. in my building here is painted).

However, benezene was banned in the US some years back because it was discovered that prolonged exposure caused colon cancer.

PS.  oh, and I don't know if you ever smelled benezene, but it smelled just like gasoline!

TheLegendLeads

Yes Allieat, There is the point. We are taught in schools how wonderful benzene is. Getting to know that it was used as car fuel too 100 years back was amazing.

And the name survives in Arabic slangs after that long yikes.png

saimans
Alliecat wrote:

However, benezene was banned in the US some years back because it was discovered that prolonged exposure caused colon cancer.

top.png Yes it is Carcinogenic. Though No colon cancer, Studies have revealed Hodgkins lymphoma is associated with it !

Relative risk as a function of cumulative exposure
Cumulative exposure
(ppm-years) Relative risk
0-40           1.1
40-200         3.2
200-400        11.9
More than 400  66.4

Yes and these days people working in petrochemical plants are being monitored on weekly basis for the exposure to benzene for benzene induced lukemia!!

Remember the days when people used to wash off hands with hydrocarbon petrol/deisel to wash off stains. Not advisable these days !!smile.png

ghanshyampdave
saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

top.png Yes it is Carcinogenic. Though No colon cancer, Studies have revealed Hodgkins lymphoma is associated with it !

Relative risk as a function of cumulative exposure
Cumulative exposure
(ppm-years) Relative risk
0-40           1.1
40-200         3.2
200-400        11.9
More than 400  66.4

Yes and these days people working in petrochemical plants are being monitored on weekly basis for the exposure to benzene for benzene induced lukemia!!

Remember the days when people used to wash off hands with hydrocarbon petrol/deisel to wash off stains. Not advisable these days !!smile.png

It's considered wise to include the source of your information (google / wikipedia, I know) tongue.png

saimans
ghanshyampdave wrote:

It's considered wise to include the source of your information (google / wikipedia, I know) tongue.png

National Center for Environmental Assessment and OSHAS, Benzene Effects !! smile.png

ghanshyampdave

No offence meant (got this one on mail):

"I said I'm sorry OK?!

I saw her standing there and I told her she had three beautiful children.

My mistake for not wearing my glasses...
She didn't have to get all pissed off and threatened me with a bomb.
It was an honest mistake...."

ATT00001-715733

saimans
ghanshyampdave wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x_s9H2YYRBU/U … 001-715733

lol.pnglol.png

shy_star

ramadaan kareem to all.gloria.png

TheLegendLeads
ghanshyampdave wrote:

yikes.png What makes you think he is wise lol.pngdumbom.gif

TheLegendLeads

lol.png Yes, such pics are funny to me as well. What's the point in getting such photo-shoots?

ghanshyampdave wrote:

"I said I'm sorry OK?!

I saw her standing there and I told her she had three beautiful children.

My mistake for not wearing my glasses...
She didn't have to get all pissed off and threatened me with a bomb.
It was an honest mistake...."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x_s9H2YYRBU/U … 001-715733

TheLegendLeads
shy_star wrote:

ramadaan kareem to all.gloria.png

Ramadan Kareem to you too @shy_star.

TheLegendLeads

Wondering how this newly introduced thumb-up button works.

interact_1_0.png

Why does it appear for some posts only? Good thinking by the way smile.png

Alliecat
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Wondering how this newly introduced thumb-up button works.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23723725/interact_1_0.png

Why does it appear for some posts only? Good thinking by the way smile.png

@TLL  Most people can't see that.  Only a select few (I can, and now I know you can).  It's a 'trial run.'

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles