Menu
Expat.com

DIGRESSION THREAD!!

Last activity 27 March 2014 by HRGuru

TheLegendLeads
Alliecat wrote:

BTW.. good thing TLL is back.  I was about to start stalking him! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/19.gif

Was just waiting for the 'New Page'.... tongue.png

Digression: I read on some other thread: "Allie habibi". That's the arabic translation of "Mr. Alliecat" lol.png

Hitch

new page i should have 100 comments now . big_smile.png

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Was just waiting for the 'New Page'.... tongue.png

I'm always close to being on top of a new page, and some one takes it away mad.png
So what's the trick to get on top  ? Is it 20 posts per page roll.png??

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Digression: I read on some other thread: "Allie habibi". That's the arabic translation of "Mr. Alliecat" lol.png

Habibti is the term for women right?

TheLegendLeads
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Habibti is the term for women right?

Yes smile.png

TheLegendLeads

40 posts a page is the trick wink.png

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh, I knew it had to be this way (no. of posts per page), but didn't bother to count tongue.png

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh, I knew it had to be this way (no. of posts per page), but didn't bother to count tongue.png

No.. you're above counting pages.  You only count hammer hits tongue.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

No.. you're above counting pages.  You only count hammer hits tongue.png

If that hammer is my weapon, this page is my arena wink.png

Alliecat

Transportation in Heaven

And it came to pass that an angel came up to three newly-dead men and said - You are all to be allocated a method for transportation around heaven. You will be judged on your past deeds, and will have your transport chosen accordingly.

The angel looked at the first guy, Dave, and said- You, Dave, were a bad man in life. You cheated on your wife four times! For this, you will drive around Heaven in an old beat-up Dodge.

The angel next looked at the second guy, Jon, and said- You were not as sinful, but you still cheated on your wife twice. For this, you will forever travel around heaven in a Toyota station wagon.

The angel finally looked at our hero, Sam, and said- You, Sam, have set a fine example. You did not have sex until after marriage, and you never cheated on your wife. For this, you will forever travel through heaven in a Ferrari.

A short time later, Jon and Dave pulled up in their cars next to Sams Ferrari. There he is, sitting on the bonnet, his head in his hands, crying.

Whats wrong, Sam? they asked. You got the Ferrari! Youre set forever! Why so down?

Sam looked up, ever so slowly opened his mouth, and said, I just saw my wife go by on a skateboard.

TheLegendLeads
Alliecat wrote:

Transportation in Heaven

:p

Worse: Unintentionally, I started mapping the character names used in the joke to our EBian pals.... lol.png

TheLegendLeads

I like it when the 'Report' button is pressed and it works smile.png

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Transportation in Heaven

:p

Worse: Unintentionally, I started mapping the character names used in the joke to our EBian pals.... lol.png

Ha ha smile.png

how does your cast look like ?

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:

I like it when the 'Report' button is pressed and it works smile.png

It's an effective weapon. iagree.gif

jaykhalil

Hate it when m super sleepy driving back home ... and then m f****** awake until stupid'o clock doing f*** all grrrrrrrrr

ghanshyampdave
jaykhalil wrote:

Hate it when m super sleepy driving back home ... and then m f****** awake until stupid'o clock doing f*** all grrrrrrrrr

Driving / Sleeping / EB-ing... Dude, you seriously need to sort out your priorities !!
tongue.png

Alliecat
jaykhalil wrote:

How long you been in KSA, Jay?  Can take quite a while to get unlagged (esp. from the US and Canada--although I do see you're from the UK).

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

Driving / Sleeping / EB-ing... Dude, you seriously need to sort out your priorities !!
tongue.png

Yeah.. EB'ing should come first wink.png

Alliecat

BTW, Dave ...

was that you I just saw zooming by on roller skates? lol.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

Can take quite a while to get unlagged (esp. from the US and Canada--although I do see you're from the UK).

yikes.png Why only for the Americans / Canadians ?

I'm from India & it took one long month for me to adjust to the time the Sun rises and sets here. tongue.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

BTW, Dave ...

How I wish that this edition of your story (joke) comes true wink.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

tongue.png

Yeah.. EB'ing should come first wink.png

I think Jay's off to sleep.png

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

BTW, Dave ...

How I wish that this edition of your story (joke) comes true wink.png

LOL

jaykhalil

No m still here, working away meh, from east london but tbh i did live in saudi for a few years when i was young ... but since then it has changed a lot, too much traffic, must say its a lot more liberal then it was in the 90s

and yeah i loveeee ebing lmfao

ghanshyampdave

One change from the 90's is that now they have EB, FB and BB in Saudi wink.png

Alliecat

Digression:  CAMEL MEAT!!!!!!!

Okay, kids--I was at Hyper Panda the other day and saw that they were selling boneless camel meat that actually looked pretty good--I mean, usually I see it with bones, like a big knuckle bone with some meat around it and that is just ..scary!

So, this boneless roast looked good and I had the guy slice me off what would be about the size of a steak.  After all, can't leave KSA without trying camel (although I did have it once at the Janadriyah Festival but it was mixed in with other stuff in a pita roll so never really got the *taste*).

Anyway, last night I sliced the meat into strips and broiled it.  I was prepared to douse it with catsup, if necessary, but guess what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!

Tender, mild flavor (and no bad 'after-taste,' like the local beef).  So, I encourage all of you to try it!!

ghanshyampdave

Poor camels sad.png
I'm sorry, but I don't support killing of animals for human pleasure.

ghanshyampdave

403800_335202556568313_767795110_n.jpg

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Poor camels sad.png
I'm sorry, but I don't support killing of animals for human pleasure.

But plants are life forms, too. Research has shown that vegetables scream when they feel pain (are picked).  Plants also respond to being spoken to and given love.  So, if you want to go that route with me, how can you justify killing plants?  Because they're not warm and fuzzy? wink.png

That said, I have been thinking about becoming a temporary vegetarian in the near future but not for philosophical reasons--rather because I have fears for my health when I relocate from KSA.

ghanshyampdave

Oh, I've debated enough with my colleagues and friends who eat Non-Veg. They've all come up with the same.
But you can't justify killing animals, because plants also feel the pain. All I ask for is to be fair to all. If killing a human is punishable, why are we allowed to kill a chicken ?

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

If killing a human is punishable, why are we allowed to kill a chicken ?

The answer is so logical:  because a chicken isn't a human.

Surely you agree with this?

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

If killing a human is punishable, why are we allowed to kill a chicken ?

The answer is so logical:  because a chicken isn't a human.

Surely you agree with this?

I don't agree with any killing wink.png

Alliecat

You avoided my question.

So you think a chicken is human?

blink.gif

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

You avoided my question.

So you think a chicken is human?

blink.gif

Does it really matter ? If I think that chicken is a human being, would they stop killing ?

Alliecat

not if *you* think it, but if it's the case, it would have to be against the law.

So .. is a chicken human?

This brings to mind something a friend of mine said a few months ago.  So she has a cat, that she loves dearly--ridiculously so, actually, but she doesn't have much else in her life.  Anyway, she made a statement that--the classic scenario--if she were on a boat that was sinking, she'd save her cat rather than another human.

Now, that is just WHACKED. 

I didn't reply--I mean, wtf can you say to that?--just thought to myself that I sure hope I never end up in a situation with her where it's me or the cat lol.png

ghanshyampdave

Ha ha.. nice one smile.png

To answer you, a chicken is not a human. But that doesn't justify killing animals for pleasure. It's not only the legal perspective (I know I brought it up).

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Ha ha.. nice one smile.png

To answer you, a chicken is not a human. But that doesn't justify killing animals for pleasure. It's not only the legal perspective (I know I brought it up).

Dave, I would agree with you if people just ran around killing chickens for fun and then threw them in the trash.

But chickens are killed for FOOD.  People EAT them.  So it's not for pleasure--there is a purpose.  Humans eating meat can be traced back hundreds of thousands of years--it's how we evolved.

You've made a choice not to eat meat--good for you.  But that doesn't make those of us who do uncaring or evil smile.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

Dave, I would agree with you if people just ran around killing chickens for fun and then threw them in the trash.

But chickens are killed for FOOD.  People EAT them.  So it's not for pleasure--there is a purpose.  Humans eating meat can be traced back hundreds of thousands of years--it's how we evolved.

You've made a choice not to eat meat--good for you.  But that doesn't make those of us who do uncaring or evil smile.png

My gf eats chicken, she's surely not evil wink.png
Also killing for food doesn't make you caring either wink.png
Don't we have dogs / cats / horses as pets ? Can they be killed for food by other humans ?

I know it's a difference of opinion. One that has been debated by many for thousands of years. And the Vegans will come out and tell me not to consume dairy products or use leather (which I'm not fond of, anyways).

ghanshyampdave

553417_511205482230188_1012338540_n.jpg

Alliecat

Actually I think his English is good,very understandable (albeit repetitious).  We've seen *much* better examples of 'fractured' English here on this forum lol.png

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Don't we have dogs / cats / horses as pets ? Can they be killed for food by other humans ?

Koreans eat dog, Chinese eat cat and the French love horse meat! Guinea pigs originate in the Andes Mountains and although they are pets in most of the world, they are frequently eaten in that part of the world!

So bottom line--one man's pet is another man's dinner!! big_smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles