Menu
Expat.com

DIGRESSION THREAD!!

Last activity 27 March 2014 by HRGuru

TheLegendLeads

New page, TLL again! ... cool.png

By the way, if you stop killing animals because killing is painful and the same for plants, what will *YOU* eat? Starving would be much more painful smile.png

Wilson

no more proteins in winter climate if no non veg..yummy tongue.png

TheLegendLeads wrote:

By the way, if you stop killing animals because killing is painful and the same for plants, what will *YOU* eat? Starving would be much more painful smile.png

jaykhalil

If its dead, well cooked and well presented ... Then might as well lmao
Or to please The vegetarians and the vegans why don't we just harvest the legs and wings of a chicken and let the poor sod live..lmao
It works better with sheep, harvest their legs and use the rest as a fresh milk dispenser, I thought about it for cows but then they fart a lot and they r too big for a kitchen.
Eggs are living things too...a lot of vegetarians don't mind frying the eff out of it straight out of its incubating shell hmm.png I mean wtf

Life's too bloody short, little pleasures like eating drinking and f***ing !!! We should be able to do without worrying too much, at least I don't

Freshlikesushi

SO, when is benihannas in riyadh gonna open.
i want some teppanyaki

TheLegendLeads
wilson_derry wrote:

no more proteins in winter climate if no non veg..yummy tongue.png

TheLegendLeads wrote:

yikes.png Protein is what we live for tongue.png

Freshlikesushi

maybe you

i prefer steak

Wilson

Protein mad.pngtongue.png
Non-Vegetarian-Protein-Rich-Foods.jpg

TheLegendLeads
wilson_derry wrote:

[img align=c]http://www.findhomeremedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Non-Vegetarian-Protein-Rich-Foods.jpg[/url]

No THIS protein smile.png

muscles_965835.jpg

Wilson

oh yeaa body building with the help of Protein supplement

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

[img align=c]http://www.findhomeremedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Non-Vegetarian-Protein-Rich-Foods.jpg[/url]

No THIS protein smile.png

http://images.askmen.com/sports/keyword … 965835.jpg

TheLegendLeads

Nahhh!!! Supplements alone can't do good if not complimented by steaks and other lean meats....again Non-Vegs :p

Freshlikesushi wrote:

maybe you

i prefer steak

one.png @FLS. Taste as bonus addiction.

Freshlikesushi

haha my joke went WAY over both of your heads. must be a cultural thing

ghanshyampdave

I need a six-pack without eating non-veg food whistle.gif

TheLegendLeads
Freshlikesushi wrote:

haha my joke went WAY over both of your heads. must be a cultural thing

wink.png I did get you but ... lol.png

Hitch
Alliecat wrote:

Digression:  CAMEL MEAT!!!!!!!

Okay, kids--I was at Hyper Panda the other day and saw that they were selling boneless camel meat that actually looked pretty good--I mean, usually I see it with bones, like a big knuckle bone with some meat around it and that is just ..scary!

So, this boneless roast looked good and I had the guy slice me off what would be about the size of a steak.  After all, can't leave KSA without trying camel (although I did have it once at the Janadriyah Festival but it was mixed in with other stuff in a pita roll so never really got the *taste*).

Anyway, last night I sliced the meat into strips and broiled it.  I was prepared to douse it with catsup, if necessary, but guess what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!

Tender, mild flavor (and no bad 'after-taste,' like the local beef).  So, I encourage all of you to try it!!

you are an adventurous person . i loved your intuition to have a Camile meat . im glad you liked it .

Hitch
Alliecat wrote:

not if *you* think it, but if it's the case, it would have to be against the law.

So .. is a chicken human?

This brings to mind something a friend of mine said a few months ago.  So she has a cat, that she loves dearly--ridiculously so, actually, but she doesn't have much else in her life.  Anyway, she made a statement that--the classic scenario--if she were on a boat that was sinking

Now, that is just WHACKED. 

I didn't reply--I mean, wtf can you say to that?--just thought to myself that I sure hope I never end up in a situation with her where it's me or the cat lol.png

Chicken human LOL

she'd save her cat rather than another human.

she must been hurt so many times by many of them ... iagree.gif but not to even save him - her huh.png

I didn't reply--I mean, wtf can you say to that?--just thought to myself that I sure hope I never end up in a situation with her where it's me or the cat lol.png

poor you couldn't imaged getting worse than that .
keep it positive .
after all good impressions always travel fast to the hear , bad one delete them from your heart .roll.png

Hitch
ghanshyampdave wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Dave, I would agree with you if people just ran around killing chickens for fun and then threw them in the trash.

But chickens are killed for FOOD.  People EAT them.  So it's not for pleasure--there is a purpose.  Humans eating meat can be traced back hundreds of thousands of years--it's how we evolved.

You've made a choice not to eat meat--good for you.  But that doesn't make those of us who do uncaring or evil smile.png

My gf eats chicken, she's surely not evil wink.png
Also killing for food doesn't make you caring either wink.png
Don't we have dogs / cats / horses as pets ? Can they be killed for food by other humans ?

I know it's a difference of opinion. One that has been debated by many for thousands of years. And the Vegans will come out and tell me not to consume dairy products or use leather (which I'm not fond of, anyways).

i like your way of thinking . but we got used to it ( eating meats ) its god creation on earth ,

beside i really tried to be non meat person . i couldent stand it . its really not easy . hmm.png

i love food forget about it . lol.png

ghanshyampdave
Hitch wrote:

i like your way of thinking . but we got used to it ( eating meats ) its god creation on earth ,

beside i really tried to be non meat person . i couldent stand it . its really not easy . hmm.png

i love food forget about it . lol.png

Way to go.. At least you tried it top.png

Alliecat

HEY! I said above that I am going to be trying a vegetarian lifestyle for a while and you didn't congratulate *me*! sad.png

Hitch
Alliecat wrote:

HEY! I said above that I am going to be trying a vegetarian lifestyle for a while and you didn't congratulate *me*! sad.png

oh i havent seen it Allie ... But
i know it isnt easy. that why i don't advice it to you .Good luck

Alliecat

actually, that was directed at Dave, hitch smile.png

Here's the thing:  meatless dishes can be incredible but they take a lot more care and planning than when you just center a meal around meat.

I used to have vegan friends.  Now THAT is insane.  There is no such thing as grabbing something on the run!

ghanshyampdave

HaHa.. Congratulations Allie top.png I'm sure you've tried it more than the others. Hope you liked it too. Tell me your favorite Veg. meal..

Alliecat

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee ratatouille!
2903_MEDIUM.jpg

TheLegendLeads

I know one Asian restaurant in Riyadh offering this occasionally. I wish you would try and let us know how deviated it is from the original french recipe (of course Asian food is spicy only) smile.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee ratatouille!
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2903 … MEDIUM.jpg

Oh I love cooked vegetables too wink.png
It goes well rice .. Yummmy.. Mouth watering tongue.png

The secret of a good ratatouille is to cook the vegetables separately so each will taste truly of itself.
Joël Robuchon, The Complete Robuchon

jaykhalil

Best ever ratatouille !!! Pied a Terre on Charlotte st or Gauthier in soho..yummmmmmm

ghanshyampdave
jaykhalil wrote:

Best ever ratatouille !!! Pied a Terre on Charlotte st or Gauthier in soho..yummmmmmm

How do you know it is the best ?
Were you on a date ?? par.png

ghanshyampdave

For all those who come thinking EB is a dating forum:

557249_445023558871790_204723806_n.jpg

jaykhalil
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

Well actually yes I was, I find it pointless going to a Michelin star on my own or with acquaintances
Food goes well with people you love or PLANNING to love wink.png

jaykhalil
ghanshyampdave wrote:

For all those who come thinking EB is a dating forum:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ … 3806_n.jpg

lol too funny, I tried to chat up the receptionist at the hospital here in Jeddah..

Do you know what she said to me ???

"It's Ramadhan, arent you fasting?"

ghanshyampdave
jaykhalil wrote:

lol too funny, I tried to chat up the receptionist at the hospital here in Jeddah..

@JK, I din't put it for you in particular.
But, seriously were you not fasting tongue.png

ghanshyampdave
jaykhalil wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

Well actually yes I was, I find it pointless going to a Michelin star on my own or with acquaintances
Food goes well with people you love or PLANNING to love wink.png

So I was spot on cool.png

jaykhalil
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

@JK, I din't put it for you in particular.
But, seriously were you not fasting tongue.png

LoL I was but as they say " Man's got to do what a Man's got to do"

ghanshyampdave

Hmmm.. naughty boy tongue.png

shy_star

i leave for a few days  and its gone to page 30! wow! big_smile.png

all this talk about food and dating during ramadaan. tsk tsk dumbom.giftongue.png

ghanshyampdave

And some betting tongue.png

Hitch

u guys are so cool that a person can always talk to you .

ghanshyampdave
Hitch wrote:

Thank you whistle.gif

Actually, this place is so hot, it's better to speak to everyone wink.png

shy_star

not following, but anyway i agree hitch i am pretty cool.

TheLegendLeads
shy_star wrote:

not following, but anyway i agree hitch i am pretty cool.

Hey @shy_star, Welcome back! How was the rush-oriented trip?

jaykhalil
Hitch wrote:

Ur yet tO know me...I am below subzero

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles