Expat.com

DIGRESSION THREAD!!

Last activity 27 March 2014 by HRGuru

jaykhalil
TheLegendLeads wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ … 5807_n.jpg

[img align=c]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408259_10151045328367058_1574175807_n.jpg[/url]

ROFL... lol.png

smile.png It's not only about stealing form factor, don't forget the hardware design/technology-inside copying etc as well. And of course, a court gave the verdict. Come on Samsung! Any idea what's originality? big_smile.png

That argument is a bit flawed buddy, ford were the "original" manufacturers of commercial automotive but they suck at making quality reliable cars ! Not so much the case with Japanese car manufacturers..yes apple did make a square-y thing with a touch screen that could make calls...but Samsung took their brilliant idea and made it better, that's all.

Besides if Ford tried to sue every single car manufacturer over a rectangular metallic body that can move on wheels! can you imagine dafuq would happen ?? smile.png

TheLegendLeads

smile.png The verdict is about violation of patenting laws. If we take Ford's example approach, there must not be anything on earth like patents, copyrighting, pirating. Imagine for a while...!

Ford did register patents with detailed specifications. The followers did respect them. Everyone was happy! The case here was quite different.

ghanshyampdave

Refer this:
http://tech2.in.com/news/general/analys … ict/392062

ghanshyampdave

One thing is for sure, we will soon have an award winning film on the entire case.
A hollywood version will have a twist in the  climax proving one company as right and the other as wrong.
And the bollywood version will leaeve it to the audience, the users of both the products whether the patents were violated or not. big_smile.png

TheLegendLeads

The bolly version will be lots of fun. Samsung CEO will be made the head of jury for one day (Anil Kapoor). He'll be busy working; while Apple CEO (SRK) will fall in love with Samsung CEO's daughter (Kajol) and Samsang CEO (Amreshpuri) will refuse to accept the proposal. Then Steve Jobs (Amibtabh) will taunt Apple CEO (SRK) for not being his blood son.

3 movie stories mixed up.

lol.png

Sorry others, this is between me and Dave smile.png

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:

The bolly version will be lots of fun. Samsung CEO will be made the head of jury for one day (Anil Kapoor). He'll be busy working; while Apple CEO (SRK) will fall in love with Samsung CEO's daughter (Kajol) and Samsang CEO (Amreshpuri) will refuse to accept the proposal. Then Steve Jobs (Amibtabh) will taunt Apple CEO (SRK) for not being his blood son.

3 movie stories mixed up.

lol.png

Sorry others, this is between me and Dave smile.png

Good one. Ha Ha ha. smile.png

But I expected a plot & casting for a Hollywood movie from you @TLL.

TheLegendLeads

Let me stay with Bollywood Dave. I like it more smile.png

ghanshyampdave

And when the movie is released, I'll illegally download it and watch it on my Samsung S3 big_smile.png

So much for the piracy and patent laws.

ghanshyampdave
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Let me stay with Bollywood Dave. I like it more smile.png

But there's no fun in illegally downloading a bollywood movie tongue.png

It's like stealing dates from the date trees on KSA roads.

jaykhalil
TheLegendLeads wrote:

smile.png The verdict is about violation of patenting laws. If we take Ford's example approach, there must be anything on earth like patents, copyrighting, pirating. Imagine for a while...!

Ford did register patents with detailed specifications. The followers did respect them. Everyone was happy! The case here was quite different.

Did you see the jury profile ?? half of them were over 60's lmao any how I own a few apple products and I think these guys are design geniuses BUT the fact that they lack competition spirit has put me off their future products .. any how every dog has its day and apples desperation shows their days are nigh IMO

By the way I am not Samsung fan and down any of their products apart from a TV wink.png but if you look under the bonnet of an apple device you will see that the touch screen, the processor and the wifi transmitters are made by SAMSUNG yikes.png

Samsung's reaction to the fine LMAO http://en.paperblog.com/samsung-pays-ap … ns-294795/

ghanshyampdave

Need to find an elevator now tongue.png

538843_525819560765999_1175170509_n.jpg

TheLegendLeads

Somehow Allie got to know her neighbor's new WiFi password.

dumbom.gif

Abu_Adel
TheLegendLeads wrote:

dumbom.gif

lol.png

Alliecat
TheLegendLeads wrote:

dumbom.gif

Very funny dumbom.gif

Actually, I bought a data card.  They're surprisingly cheap here--roughly 70SAR a month for unlimited downloads big_smile.png

Abu_Adel

Here where ?? in India ? (from someone who catches back the discussion from bollywood posts)

Alliecat

@abu  you're confused.  Dave and TLL were the bollywood boys!

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

@abu  you're confused.  Dave and TLL were the bollywood boys!

No!! I prefer Hollywood any day. Bollywood is boring for me.

Actually TLL prefers Bollywood.

Abu_Adel

Now I know, I just finished to read the latest posts. So where this data card (Sim ?) with unlimited download ? China ? tongue.png

Hitch
Abu_Adel wrote:

Now I know, I just finished to read the latest posts. So where this data card (Sim ?) with unlimited download ? China ? tongue.png

No No its a memory card , Dude haven't you heard about STC connect before . Hello !!

Three month unlimited for like 550 with the modem ... China . God some comment make me feel i should have classes .

TheLegendLeads

70 SAR/month for unlimited is really awesome.

ghanshyampdave

Cost of the Data Card ??
Hidden charges ?
Speed?

TheLegendLeads

Usually provided free but they are locked to carriers (STC/Mobily/Zain).

Unlocked ones (with WiFi module) are available in Jarir for a price as low as 300 SAR.

Hoping to hear back from Allie neutral.png

ghanshyampdave

But they all cost a bomb. Waiting to know if there's cheaper, faster & reliable one available than what I have.

Abu_Adel
Hitch wrote:
Abu_Adel wrote:

No No its a memory card , Dude haven't you heard about STC connect before . Hello !!

Three month unlimited for like 550 with the modem ... China . God some comment make me feel i should have classes .

dumbom.gif
dude you're not in the picture, we try to find out (Stalking) the cat location !

ghanshyampdave

Why is he not in the picture ? roll.png

He's our surprise star. He can also make Guest appearances. wink.png

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:

we try to find out (Stalking) the cat location !

24.gif

Alliecat

Somebody gave it to me to use so I didn't do any of the paperwork, nor do I know if there was an initial cost.  All I know is that I chose to pay for a month and it was 70SAR, unlimited.

Abu_Adel
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Why is he not in the picture ? roll.png

He's our surprise star. He can also make Guest appearances. wink.png

You see That !!! because of your Guest my smart strategy is discovered, the cat 'will not tell us now roll.png

Abu_Adel
Alliecat wrote:

Somebody gave it to me to use so I didn't do any of the paperwork, nor do I know if there was an initial cost.  All I know is that I chose to pay for a month and it was 70SAR, unlimited.

No paperwork I guess, it's called Black Market dear whistle.gif

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

No paperwork I guess, it's called Black Market dear whistle.gif

Not true.  It is a legitimate business that has 'loaned' it to me as long as I pay the monthly fee!

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:

my smart strategy

24.gif

Abu_Adel

In Cash of course cool.png

I heard about better deal : Mobily one, 5 GB/Month, price SAR 120 / 03 Months ...

Allie you should change your Dealer

Alliecat
Abu_Adel wrote:

In Cash of course cool.png

I heard about better deal : Mobily one, 5 GB/Month, price SAR 120 / 03 Months ...

Allie you should change your Dealer

Hmmm.. maybe you should be my dealer wink.png

ghanshyampdave

I think Allie is ready to re-locate to India now. And it's her last month (Notice Period) in KSA. To manage thnigs, she has got a data card.

Alliecat

I downloaded all the episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory' and now I'm watching them.  Life is GOOD!! lol.png

ghanshyampdave
Alliecat wrote:

I downloaded all the episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory' and now I'm watching them.  Life is GOOD!! lol.png

My all time favorite.

I just love it when Sheldon knocks a door thrice.

ghanshyampdave

You did not deny what I said about leaving the country wink.png

Alliecat

Who do you think is funniest?  I used to think Sheldon but after watching the episodes one after the other, I've come to the conclusion that the funniest one is Howard!!

the-big-bang-theory_.jpg

Alliecat
ghanshyampdave wrote:

You did not deny what I said about leaving the country wink.png

I know .. thanks for helping me throw the stalkers off track big_smile.png

Freshlikesushi
Alliecat wrote:

Who do you think is funniest?  I used to think Sheldon but after watching the episodes one after the other, I've come to the conclusion that the funniest one is Howard!!

http://aardling.com/wp-content/uploads/ … heory_.jpg

sheldon

mainly because he reminds me of me haha

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles